Tektronix 2440 scope with 2402 Tekmate
Author Message
 Tektronix 2440 scope with 2402 Tekmate

Hi all,

I have recently aquired a Tektronix 2440 scope with the optional
2402 Tekmate box attached to it. What I would like to do is
use this scope to grab digitized versions of the waveforms I see on
screen.
From what I have seen in the manuals, I must be missing a proprietary
software that is used to boot the 2402. Can anyone help in this
direction?

I have seen in some past postings that this grabbing can also be done
by connecting a PC to the GPIB port of the scope. Can anyone help me
in
that direction?

Thanks,
Nikos

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 19:49:12 GMT
 Tektronix 2440 scope with 2402 Tekmate
Yes you can connect a PC to your instrument via GPIB.

Some useful resources for your application are
ni.com > NI Developer Zone > Development Library > Instrument
Connectivity
http://search.ni.com/?col=alldocs&layout=TechResources&ql=a , to
search examples and knowledge bases

There are example VI's in labview on Instrument Connectivity. If you
go to the Help menu >> Examples.. >> I/O, you will see a couple.

You could find a LV/CVI driver for this instrument at
http://www.ni.com/devzone/idnet/default.htm .  If it's not listed
there, it leaves you with one of a couple options.  First, I would
like you to submit a request for this driver at:
http://zone.ni.com/idnet97.nsf/instrumentdriverrequest/
We develop drivers based on demand and popularity so the more requests
we have for it, the greater the possibility that we will develop one.
If you would like to try developing your own instrument driver (or
modify the existing one), we have documentation, model instrument
drivers, and driver templates to help at :
        http://www.ni.com/devzone/idnet/development.htm
We also have a syndicate of third party vendors that specialize in
National Instruments' products and services.  Some of the vendors
specialize in driver development.  I would suggest contacting one of
the Alliance members at:
        http://www.ni.com/alliance

Hope this helps.

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 02:25:27 GMT

1. Need Update Driver for Tektronix 2440 Oscilloscope???????

2. Using a Tektronix TDS540B scope with LabView 6.i

3. Why does Tektronix scope keep resetting?

4. how to acquire wavefroms of two channels via gpib from the tek 2440 scope?

5. Looking for info on laboratory simulation tool from Tektronix Labs

6. Printing to LPT1, NET USE with Tektronix Printer

7. Hardcopy from Tektronix TDS 220 via GPIB

8. Problem with LabView - GPIB - tektronix tds oscilloscopes

9. Tektronix 210 "channel" command

10. Tektronix TVS641A VXI-based Waveform Analyzer VI's

11. Problem with LabView - GPIB - tektronix tds oscilloscopes

12. Tektronix TDS754 Oscilloscope