I can't get LabVIEW 6.1 to install properly on a computer running XP.
Author Message
 I can't get LabVIEW 6.1 to install properly on a computer running XP.

I have installed LavVIEW 6.1 on a Dell machine running XP Pro twice,
and each time the install has croaked with the License Manager
software killing the machine.  The lmgrd.exe task is not communicating
properly with the nilm.exe task, which it continually spawns until all
the resources are consumed on the PC, rendering it useless.  I
understand that the lmgrd.exe task uses the TCP/IP layer protocols to
communicate with the nilm.exe task.  The only things installed on this
"fresh" machine besides XP are Office XP, Norton AV (turned off during
install), and Roxio Easy CD creator.

Sat, 27 Nov 2004 22:22:46 GMT
 I can't get LabVIEW 6.1 to install properly on a computer running XP.
I figured out the problem.  Instead of having McAfee Firewall software
running, there was a version of firewall software that comes with
Windows XP that was running in the background.  I tried to disable it,
but apparently that's not enough.  You have to go into the Add/Remove
programs and permanently remove it (or just not use the license
manager).  But that fixed my problem and I finally had only one each
of the lmgrd.exe and nilm.exe processes running.  Someone should
change the knowledge base question regarding the multiple copies of
nilm running to include XP firewall client software.  Thanks for the