Can LabVIEW automatically login to Visual Source Safe?
Author Message
 Can LabVIEW automatically login to Visual Source Safe?

I'm using LV 6.1 and the Source Code Control tools with MS Visual
Source Safe on the backend.  When ever I do anything (check in, check
out, etc...) the VSS login box appears.  Is there a way to get around

In browsing the VSS documentation I see that the -y option can be
passed to VSS when using the command line (I imagine this is what LV
is doing) which allows you to specify a name and password.  So is
there a way to configure LV to use it?

Or, is there an option in VSS which allows me to have it auto-login on
my machine (like how you can configure windows to auto-login a user
when it starts)?

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 02:42:35 GMT
 Can LabVIEW automatically login to Visual Source Safe?
I generally will work outside of VSS, but I remeber correctly there
was some kind of config that I used so I did not have to login. I
think it was somewhere inside VSS that I did it.

Not at work so that I can say for now.

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 03:39:48 GMT
 Can LabVIEW automatically login to Visual Source Safe?
Getting Closer!

I set the SSUSER environment variable to my user name and now VSS can
start without login.  Also, in labview if I set my SS configuration to
be my VSS project, it will allow me to do check in/out and all the
other stuff without logging in.  BUT, as soon as I exit and restart
labview it asks me to login for everything again until I once again go
through the configuration.

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 05:37:42 GMT

1. Python source under VSS (Visual Source Safe)

2. Visual Source Safe / PVCS or what ?!?

3. How do you start exmh automatically on login?

4. Login to NT Server source

5. labview suddensly shuts down automatically

6. Can Labview automatically save emails as TXT file ?

7. Automatically nameing and saving files in LabView??

8. EiffelStore Database Login (ODBC, NT Authenticated Login)

9. Automatically find the source of a method invocation?

10. Source Safe ? - Any Comments

11. Using MS Source Safe in VB .50

12. py2exe how safe is my source ?