Removing diagrams from the VI.lib
Author Message
 Removing diagrams from the VI.lib

After saving a new VI created from other VIs and selecting remove
diagram the diagrams from the parent VI.lib have been removed. I don't
want to alter the parent VIs only the newly created VIs. What am I
doing wrong?

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 04:53:59 GMT
 Removing diagrams from the VI.lib
You have to be careful when you modify a vi and save it as another
vi...i find the new vi replaces the parent vi in the whole libary!
But there is a way to save the new vi without interfering with the
parent vi.  I've copied the following from the LV 6.0 help:

"Select File>Save As to save a copy of the VI in memory to disk with a
new name you choose. After the save finishes, the VI in memory points
to the new version. In addition, all callers to the old VI in memory
now refer to the new VI unless you place a checkmark in the Save a
copy without updating callers checkbox. If you enter a new name for
the VI, the disk version of the original VI is not overwritten or
deleted."

So make sure you first Save As, and check the Save a copy without
updating callers.  Then you can save the vi again removing diagrams.

Hope this has helped..

Kim

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:56:37 GMT
 Removing diagrams from the VI.lib
I find that it does not matter if the "Save a copy without updating
callers" box is checked or unchecked it still alters the parent VI. I
use a new name and file location. This happens on two different
computers and different operating systems. (Win98 & Win2k)

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:30:39 GMT
 Removing diagrams from the VI.lib
As long as you are closing the parent vi, and opening the new copy
with the new name before you remove diagrams then i dont see why the
parent vi is affected.  Seems a bit strange to me.

If fact, on just testing now if i 'save with options' a parent vi, as
application distribution with removes diagrams and save to a new
location, the parent vi still remains intact.

Sorry, it seems i cant really help after all..

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:32:38 GMT

1. diagrams have been removed

2. A VI diagram has gray scroll bars, although the front panel is normal

3. VI Diagram documentation.

4. My VI diagrams keep disappearing

5. VI metrics: diagram size

6. Retrieving a vi diagram (.llb not found)

7. Connecting Class Diagram with Sequence Diagram

8. removing sub-VI from memory

9. Can I dynamically remove vi's.

10. ctrcntrl.lsb in vi.lib\daq\zadvd.llb?

11. OpenG Toolkit (Palette and vi.lib VIs) alpha release

12. hacks for remove and remove!