send mail using SMTP Send Message when mail server is unknown
Author Message
 send mail using SMTP Send Message when mail server is unknown

You can't. You have to know the name (or IP address) of a mail server
to send mail. You see with email you aren't sending a message directly
to the other machine, rather you send a packet of information
describing the message to a server that then performs the necessary
processing to get the message to its intended recipient(s).

Why is it that you don't know the address of your mail server?

Mike...

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 23:55:55 GMT
 send mail using SMTP Send Message when mail server is unknown
I have to develop a program like that our client will distribute exe
to his vendors. So, how can I know the address of a mail server at
vendor end? I think, now u have got my problem. Can I read mail server
address from Windows registery? But, then for direct connection what
steps should be taken?

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:47:02 GMT
 send mail using SMTP Send Message when mail server is unknown
Can u convert this vi for labview 6i as I am not having LabVIEW 6.1?

Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:21:14 GMT
 send mail using SMTP Send Message when mail server is unknown
Alternately, you can have it as part of the customer configuration and
store the setting in the *.ini file. For example, LV itself has a
variety of user options that are accessed from a configuration dialog
box and stored in the LabVIEW.ini file.

Mike...

Sun, 17 Oct 2004 20:24:36 GMT

1. Sent Mail via SMTP-server: strange size limit

2. how to send mail with python using SMTP ?

3. Problem sending mail with tcllib/smtp and mime

4. ezsmtp 1.0 SMTP Mail Sending Library

5. ezsmtp 0.8.0 SMTP Mail Sending Library

6. Sending SMTP message from Tcl with attached HTML file using MIME

7. Sending mail via an Exchange server

8. Sending e-mail using MAPI

9. Help automatic sending DBF updates using MS-MAIL !!

10. batching mail sends using rexx?

11. Sending Mail from MF/NetExpress Object COBOL using MAPI services

12. using tcl to send mail with multiple attachments