Print VI at completion, with a print dialog box??
Author Message
 Print VI at completion, with a print dialog box??

I'm trying to print a VI at completion, and want the user to be able
to choose which printer they want to print to.  Is there a way I can
open the print dialog box from labview???  (I'm relatively
inexperienced with the program)  Thank you!

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 05:46:07 GMT
 Print VI at completion, with a print dialog box??
Not that I know of directly from LabVIEW.  You could write a C code
wrapper DLL that calls COMMDLG.DLL (the windows common dialog API
calls) to give you the print dialog, or could write write an MFC DLL
that uses a CPrintDialog.

If you use MFC, then you will be writing C++ and will have to make
sure to watch out for "decorated" names by by using the extern "C"{ }
declaration around your function and explicitly declaring your
function in your .def file

Douglas De Clue
LabVIEW developer

Quote:

> I'm trying to print a VI at completion, and want the user to be able
> to choose which printer they want to print to.  Is there a way I can
> open the print dialog box from Labview???  (I'm relatively
> inexperienced with the program)  Thank you!

Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:20:32 GMT

1. Source proc to print without interactive printer dialog box

2. Print-Dialog Box for Windows

3. Printing a report and using the print dialog for it

4. ANN: TclPrint - print dialogs and printing loop for Mac/Win

5. Print waveform chart by print panel.vi

6. printing with print report.vi

7. printing front panel of VI - no borders appear around the indicator box values

8. Vi Name string for NI print panel vi - how to get dynamically for vi the print panel vi is in.

9. PRINT PREVIEWER FREEWARE - FormView - Views HP PCL Print Output / Prints PCL to ANY WINDOWS PRINTER

10. Printing on completion

11. Printing on completion

12. open specific vi in llb without dialog box?