Opening files on a network drive.
Author Message
 Opening files on a network drive.

In a (LabVIEW 6.0 WINNT)VI I have to open a file on a network drive
with "Read lines from file.vi". In my devolpment environmet and after
building the exe-file with aplication builder it works fine on my
local machine. After installing the executable on a different computer
(logged in as a different user), attached to the network, and
installing the Run Time Engine "error 7 occured at open flie+.vi". The
file path on both computers is exactly the same.
What is the reason that the file is found on my local computer and not
found on an other users computer?????

kind regards

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 19:49:45 GMT
 Opening files on a network drive.
Hi,

With NT you have to be careful that you have the correct access rights
to the network folders.

When you are logged in as a different user, can you see and open the
file you are trying to read on the network drive using Explorer?

Ray.

Mon, 03 Nov 2003 20:01:49 GMT
 Opening files on a network drive.
I have had the exact same experience.  I also thought there may be
some problems with Windows NT, however, when I tried accessing the
files on a local hard drive, I had the same problems.  Is there a
runtime bug?

Mon, 12 Jan 2004 07:05:55 GMT

1. Copy file from network drive to local drive?

2. Issue: file open error on a Novell Netware 4 network file

3. Copy file from network drive?

4. PHP files don't work in Windows network drive

5. Accessing a file in a network drive (python under win32)

6. data-driven file opening

7. Intermittant Error 37 File Not Open Error on Network

8. Shared file open/delete slow on NT/2000/ME networks

9. DOS Error 5 / 55 / Max Open Files on Win 95 Network

10. Programs to check who has files open on Novell Network

11. Number of Files open in Network Environment

12. Can't connect to library across mapped network drive