Reading NT Event Log
Author Message
 Reading NT Event Log

Hello all,
We are currently developing a labview application that needs to check
for and read events in the standard NT Event Log.  This file exists as
an odd Binary file in NT and is therefore tricky to read.  We have
found an EXE that will dump the current Log to a CSV file but we were
hoping that there may be an active X reference that we could use to
read the NT log directly.

Has anybody done this in Labview or any other Language?

Regards
Ian Billingsley

Sun, 08 Aug 2004 18:08:19 GMT
 Reading NT Event Log
I have a customer that does something like this.  He reads a CSV file
also.  However; he does this in Visual C++.  I recommend checking the
Microsoft support pages in addition to this one.  There may be
information there that can help you.

Good luck

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 01:22:29 GMT

1. Reading NT Event Logs

2. NT Event Logging Contribution

3. SST writing to NT event log

4. NT Event Log - writing to ?

5. Writing to NT event log now possible!

6. Writing to NT event log

7. REXX for WIN32 - Event Logging on NT

8. Writing to the Windows NT Event Log Using COBOL

9. Saving a copy of a remote NT event log

10. How can I write to NT Event Log

11. Redirecting errors to NT Event Log

12. VisualWorks & NT Event Log