Config file creation - This is insane!
Author Message
 Config file creation - This is insane!

Quote:

> I am successfully creating and reading a config file with the method
> shown on the attached jpeg. It works fine, but that seems like a lot
> of code to write 7 scalers and read them. I'm probably overlooking
> something simple. Can someone give this a look and tell me if that's
> the "correct" way of doing it?

One approach would be to store multiple parameters on one line.
You then have fewer keys:

RinseSettingQuantities=bkPulses,bkDuration, ...
RinseSettingValues=5,30.0, ...

That could be easier, especially if you always write or read all values
to the file at one time.

Best, Mark

Tue, 09 Nov 2004 06:50:10 GMT
 Config file creation - This is insane!
Justin, how do I find your email address within the forum?

Tue, 09 Nov 2004 21:47:31 GMT
 Config file creation - This is insane!
Excellent idea. I rarely consider using arrays due to hearing and
reading that you should keep your data "as flat as possible", but
there's got to be a trade off eventually. I'm using 7 keys to
read/write 7 scalers - your examble uses one!

Tue, 09 Nov 2004 21:45:26 GMT

1. Am I completely insane?...

2. Tk in C: I am going insane

3. W32/Insane.dmg Virus Replace File

4. Setting file attributes on file creation from ZipFiles (solved)

5. Setting file attributes on file creation.

6. Problem with exec under Win 3.11 gives error file creation bad file number

7. GNAT DOS config - was Re: GNAT OS/2 config

8. creation instruction vs. creation expression

9. BLT vector creation: creation time grows as number of vectors created grows

10. Long File Names and Updating Config.sys with Deployment Kit

11. DET Templates Config File

12. Config File