How do I retrieve the selected text from an ENUM, text ring or other control?
Author Message
 How do I retrieve the selected text from an ENUM, text ring or other control?

I want to be able to select a line of text from a menu, and place that
text in a string variable.  This seems simple but I haven't found the
solution.  I don't want to have to wire a numeric output to a case
statement, thus having to type the text line twice.

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:18:43 GMT
 How do I retrieve the selected text from an ENUM, text ring or other control?
Create a property node of the menu ring, and select Strings [], which
is 2nd from the bottom of list.  This gives you an array of all the
menu strings.  Index this array with the numeric output from the menu
ring and this will give you your string.

Not a case structure in sight!

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:17:06 GMT

1. Retrieve the selected text from an ENUM, text ring or other control

2. Problem with disabling/enabling Text ring control with executable

3. Retrieving Text from a Text Widget

4. Help with Ring and Enum Controls...

5. Selecting text in Tkinter.Text

6. text widget: select color on text with background

7. Selecting text in disabled text widget?

8. text tag configure, can't see selected text

9. problem selecting text in a text widget

10. BUG: Cannot select text in read-only text widget / tk8.0p2-Win95

11. selecting text in a text widget

12. Selecting text with text widget disabled?