programatically add item to case statement
Author Message
 programatically add item to case statement

Is there a way to programatically add an item to a case statement
within a labview exe file created using the application builder and
then allow the exe to be saved with it's new case added? How do I
programatically add a item to ANY labview case staement?
Thanks, Scott

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 18:03:43 GMT
 programatically add item to case statement
Hi,

This cannot be done in any language, not even in LabVIEW.

Regards,

Wiebe.

Quote:
> Is there a way to programatically add an item to a case statement
> within a labview exe file created using the application builder and
> then allow the exe to be saved with it's new case added? How do I
> programatically add a item to ANY labview case staement?
> Thanks, Scott

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 19:45:07 GMT
 programatically add item to case statement
Hi,

There are, of course, lots of work around. I'll give your solution some
thought, but most of the applications don't need an add-on architecture...
I'd call this structure a sequencer. I've build some myself, but have not
jet created a 'formal architeture' (= fully documented) to facilitate it.

For a beginner, it might be easier to use teststand or test executive. But
programming it yourself is more fun, and more flexible (perhaps there is
someone willing to share an architectur like this)...

Regards,

Wiebe.

Quote:
> No, you cannot add a frame, but you can achieve the equivalent effect with
> little bit of work.

> 1. If you COULD add a frame programatically, it would still use the case's
> current input and output terminals for variables wired, yes?
> 2. So create a frame that is "Add-Ons", Default and inside use a "Call by
> Reference" node, ie VIServer with strict VI type. You Create a template VI
> that has the same control/indicator inputs and outputs as your case frame
> and use the template to make new "frame" (plugin) VIs to handle the same
> processing that you would have done with programmatic frames. Drop these
> into a \PlugIns| subdirectory off your applications main directory.
> 3. At startup time you load all your "plugin" VIs into memory first, then
in
> your "Add-Ons", Default frame you lookup the correct "plugin" VI grab a
> reference and run.
> 4. Better yet, when you load the plugin VIs get a VI reference to each and
> store them all in an array in a shift register.

> If you add the above to a state-table VI you can effectively create a
> pseudo-infinite state-machine, since one of your standard frames can also
be
> a reload of new plug-ins, and an update to the state table.

> Cheers,
> Mike

> Sr. Scientific Programmer/LabVIEW, SOAR Telescope Project
> SOAR
> Casilla 603 P.O. Box 26732
> La Serena 950 N. Cherry Avenue
> Chile Tucson, AZ 85726-6732
> Phone: +56-51-205341 +56-51-205200
> Fax: +56-51-205368 +56-51-205212
> Home Phone: +56-51-205267

> > Hi,

> > This cannot be done in any language, not even in LabVIEW.

> > Regards,

> > Wiebe.

> > > Is there a way to programatically add an item to a case statement
> > > within a labview exe file created using the application builder and
> > > then allow the exe to be saved with it's new case added? How do I
> > > programatically add a item to ANY labview case staement?
> > > Thanks, Scott

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 17:06:50 GMT
 programatically add item to case statement
ok, thank you all for your help.
Scott

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 18:21:18 GMT

1. Add a case to a case structure programatically

2. case statement flipflop statement

3. difference if statement with case statement?

4. Adding text elements programatically to a ring

5. adding multiple y-axis scales programatically

6. Programatically adding code

7. Is there a way to programatically add one item at a time to a listbox control?

8. counting list items in FORMAT statement

9. mapping a statement over all list items

10. [Fwd: Case statements, decision trees, and good OO design]

11. SUNOS NAWK - TOLOWER - In a print statement convert string to lower case

12. CASE STATEMENT