Communicating with PC Based CArd on Register Level
Author Message
 Communicating with PC Based CArd on Register Level

I have an unsupported, simple, ISA Bus based PC card.  I wish to
communicate to this device within labview, on a register basis
(analogous to DOS inport(), outport() statements) without developing a
driver.  Does anyone have an idea of how this might be done?  Thanks

Sat, 05 Jun 2004 04:20:24 GMT
 Communicating with PC Based CArd on Register Level

Quote:
> I have an unsupported, simple, ISA Bus based PC card.  I wish to
> communicate to this device within Labview, on a register basis
> (analogous to DOS inport(), outport() statements) without developing a
> driver.  Does anyone have an idea of how this might be done?  Thanks

There are InPort and OutPort commands in the Advanced section of the
functions palette.  They will work with win95/98, but no other OS

Scott

Sat, 05 Jun 2004 04:50:28 GMT
 Communicating with PC Based CArd on Register Level
There are apparently NT capable versions of the LV in port and out

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/devzoneweb.nsf/opendoc?openagent&2851D0A06...
if you need them.

Sat, 05 Jun 2004 05:55:47 GMT
 Communicating with PC Based CArd on Register Level
And the NI site has a library called accesshw.llb which can be used to do
the same things under NT-type os's (don't know about labVIEW under Win XP
though).

all the best

Andy

Quote:

> > I have an unsupported, simple, ISA Bus based PC card.  I wish to
> > communicate to this device within Labview, on a register basis
> > (analogous to DOS inport(), outport() statements) without developing a
> > driver.  Does anyone have an idea of how this might be done?  Thanks

> There are InPort and OutPort commands in the Advanced section of the
> functions palette.  They will work with win95/98, but no other OS

> Scott

Sat, 05 Jun 2004 06:06:39 GMT

1. communicating with network cards?

2. Communicating with a non-message based instrument serially

3. how does mainframe communicate with PC ?

4. Error: Clock skew plus hold time of destination register exceeds register-to-register delay

5. Error: Clock skew plus hold time of destination register exceeds register-to-register delay

6. Macro-level CICS Registers?

7. a monad to simulate register transfer level circuits

8. Gate Level Register Initialization (proper procedure)

9. Register level debugging on FreeBSD/x86?

10. VGA at the register level

11. Looking for register-transfer level simulator

12. Registering LOTS of C level functions