Application runs slow except clicking titlebar using left mouse button 
Author Message
 Application runs slow except clicking titlebar using left mouse button
Hello everybody,

I've got a very interesting problem.

I'm part of a developer team. We developed an application for
controlling an industrial robot, some other peripheries and do image
processing.
We developed two versions of this application, one using data socket,
the other using labviewDSC Toolkit (Data logging and Supervisory
Control).
Both versions work pretty good, but ....

The version using LabViewDSC runs slow except i click on the title bar
(or somewhere else in a Labview window) of one of the Labview Front
panel Windows.
In fact a normal cycle of our application takes about 28 seconds
(driving Robot to different positions and do image processing for
various pictures) the LabViewDSC Version needs about 48 seconds.
If i click on a title bar and hold it with left mouse button,
everything works fine within 28 seconds.
A starting point might be, that we use the security VIs from the
LabViewDSC Toolkit.

As it's commercial software with more then 800 VIs, i can't give you
an example.

BTW, we use Labview6.1, IMAQ Vision 6.0, OCR Toolkit 1.0.1, LVDSC6.1,
Image Processing in C-DLLs

Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated.



Sat, 03 Dec 2005 18:37:40 GMT  
 Application runs slow except clicking titlebar using left mouse button

Quote:
> The version using LabViewDSC runs slow except i click on the title bar
> (or somewhere else in a Labview window) of one of the Labview Front
> panel Windows.
> In fact a normal cycle of our application takes about 28 seconds
> (driving Robot to different positions and do image processing for
> various pictures) the LabViewDSC Version needs about 48 seconds.
> If i click on a title bar and hold it with left mouse button,
> everything works fine within 28 seconds.
> A starting point might be, that we use the security VIs from the
> LabViewDSC Toolkit.

A couple things to try.  Set the top level VI to run in the UI thread.
A similar thing to do, but more drastic, is to turn off threading in
Tools>>Options>>Execution.

Both of these assume that the problem is caused by swapping execution
back and forth between threads, and perhaps having the threads wait for
one another.  When a window is clicked, the OS has control of our
thread, and we just get callbacks.  This tends to make more execution
take place in UI.

Greg McKaskle



Sat, 03 Dec 2005 21:20:51 GMT  
 Application runs slow except clicking titlebar using left mouse button

Quote:

> Hello everybody,

> I've got a very interesting problem.

> I'm part of a developer team. We developed an application for
> controlling an industrial robot, some other peripheries and >do image
> processing.

and also, it does image processing.

Quote:
> We developed two versions of this application, one using data socket,
> the other using LabViewDSC Toolkit (Data logging and Supervisory
> Control).
> Both versions work pretty good, but ....

> The version using LabViewDSC runs slow except >i click on the title bar

when I click

Quote:
> (or somewhere else in a Labview window) of one of the Labview Front
> panel Windows.
> In fact a normal cycle of our application takes about 28 seconds
> (driving Robot to different positions and do image processing for
> various pictures) the LabViewDSC Version needs about 48 seconds.
> If i click on a title bar and hold it with left mouse button,
> everything works fine within 28 seconds.
> A starting point might be, that we use the security VIs from the
> LabViewDSC Toolkit.

> As it's commercial software with more then 800 VIs, i can't give you
> an example.

> BTW, we use Labview6.1, IMAQ Vision 6.0, OCR Toolkit 1.0.1, LVDSC6.1,
> Image Processing in C-DLLs

> Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Fly me out...


Sat, 03 Dec 2005 22:08:56 GMT  
 Application runs slow except clicking titlebar using left mouse button
Thank you for your suggestions.

I'll try it. But I guess both suggestions won't bring an advantage.

AFAIK there is an interference between LabViewDSC and a VI in
UIThread.
And we can't do our application without threading. (pipelined image
processing)

Best regards,

Rainer



Sat, 03 Dec 2005 23:30:34 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. left mouse button = right mouse button

2. How do i make my VIs run without the need to click the run button

3. Probleme with left mouse click

4. sending a mouse input (left click) to windows system

5. Drag&Drop with left mouse button

6. Detect right button mouse clicks

7. mouse button clicks

8. rotate a box with a mouse click on a button

9. read mouse actions, esp. button clicks

10. Problem with left mouse button in TCL based programs

11. Binding right mouse button click to a menu item

12. : Button and Mouse click problem

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software