How can I find out what the Call Library function is calling?
Author Message
 How can I find out what the Call Library function is calling?

I am trying to use a vi created on another computer on a new computer,
but it appears, bottom line, that the error is associated with a CAll
Library function not being able to call what it wants to.  When I go
back to the other computer, where the program works, how can I find
out what the Call Library function is refering to?

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 06:16:11 GMT
 How can I find out what the Call Library function is calling?
You should be able to open the Call Libary Function's configuration
dialog box (double-click on the CLF) to see the DLL and function it's
configured to call.  What is the specific behavior when you try to run
the VI on the "new" computer?

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 06:26:28 GMT
 How can I find out what the Call Library function is calling?
Specifically, If I try to run the vi, i have a broken arrow.  I went
down through the hierarchy to find out where the broken arrow started.
The error is within the Call Library function.  When I double click on
the icon, I get a window which lists a library name or path, ending
with lvdaq.dll, which ironically, isn't even on the computer that I
got the vi from, where it worked.  The vi was originally created in
labview 5.1, and if I double-click on the icon with the computer where
it works, nothing happens.  Neither is there a choice of "configure"
if I right click on the icon in the computer where the vi works.

Could that have something to do with it?
Thanks

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 08:12:41 GMT
 How can I find out what the Call Library function is calling?

Quote:

> Specifically, If I try to run the vi, i have a broken arrow.  I went
> down through the hierarchy to find out where the broken arrow started.
> The error is within the Call Library function.  When I double click on
> the icon, I get a window which lists a library name or path, ending
> with lvdaq.dll, which ironically, isn't even on the computer that I
> got the vi from, where it worked.  The vi was originally created in
> Labview 5.1, and if I double-click on the icon with the computer where
> it works, nothing happens.  Neither is there a choice of "configure"
> if I right click on the icon in the computer where the vi works.

If it's lvdaq.dll, then it's calling a function in NI-DAQ. You need to
install NI-DAQ on the PC where the error occurs.

Make sure it's the same version. Versions of all drivers available via
http://www.ni.com/softlib.nsf/ .

DAQ versions available via
http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/web%2Fall%20software?OpenView&Start...
, not just the latest version.

Mark

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 10:41:59 GMT

1. Call Library Function - Function not found in library

2. How to find out name of calling function from called function

3. Can the 'call library function call code other than c

4. VC++ calling fortran function and fortran function calling a c++ function

5. Macro and struct call-outs from Eiffel

6. Api calls Where I can found C function prototypes

7. Runtime can't be found when calling function in DLL

8. How to call functions in shared libraries

9. Calling non-Clarion library functions

10. Libraries Calling Their Own External Functions

11. Call library function

12. Problem with Called Library Function name