GPIB problems: HP-IB 82341d, VISA and Labview 5.1f1
Author Message
 GPIB problems: HP-IB 82341d, VISA and Labview 5.1f1

Which VISA is primary? Agilent or NI?

If the only interface you are using is the Agilent 82341D, perhaps it
would be best to use Agilent I/O libraries alone (without the NI
drivers).

If you are using a mix of interfaces, some of which require NI
drivers, you can go with either Agilent or NI software as primary
VISA. Unfortunately it is not possible to have both NI-VISA and
Agilent VISA as primary.

Rev J of the Agilent I/O libraries has a "secondary" VISA which is
accessed through the agvisa32.dll. However, this would be relatively
difficult to do in labview (as compared to the standard VISA function
calls).

To work through some of these issues, you can read a document I posted
at ftp://ftp.agilent.com/pub/callpub/ddt/misc/IO_rev_k.doc

If you need further assistance, feel free to e-mail me at

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 03:04:37 GMT
 GPIB problems: HP-IB 82341d, VISA and Labview 5.1f1
Another thing to keep in mind is that rev J is not the latest revision
of the I/O libraries. You can get rev L from
ftp://ftp.agilent.com/pub/mpusup/pc/binfiles/iop/index.html

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 03:09:52 GMT

1. GPIB problems: HP-IB 82341d, VISA and Labview 5.1f1

2. Using LabView 5.x with HP-IB Interface HP 82340

3. Problem: Labview 5.1 & HP 34970A via GPIB

4. (Q) Labview and HP-IB card

5. PCI HP-IB 82350A and labview

6. LabView 6.1 Freezes : VISA and GPIB

7. VISA GPIB blocks the VISA RS232