MSI problem when trying to install LabView 6i
Author Message
 MSI problem when trying to install LabView 6i

I'm trying to install labview 6i on a W98SE system. The install has
worked previously, but for some reason is now failing. I get the
following error message from the Microsoft Installer:

---------------

The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable
disk that is not available.

Insert the " disk and click OK.

---------------

Seems simple enough, except for the proper disk is already in the
CD-ROM. I'm assuming its looking for the .msi file, but when I point
to it (lv60.msi) I get another error:

------------------

The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that
the source exists and that you can access it.

------------------

Anyone know what's wrong? Its a little frustrating, especially since
several successful installs have already been done.

Michael J Eggertson

Department of Chemistry
University of Washington

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 06:02:52 GMT
 MSI problem when trying to install LabView 6i
I got this error when trying to upgrade to DAQ 6.9 when using the Student
Version of LabView 6i. Note that the Student Version of LabView does not
support DAQ upgrades, I found this out the hard way. By the way, I'm a
fellow UW student, in the Physics Dept.

I had to remove all instances of LabView and DAQ to reinstall.

Jeff

Quote:
> I'm trying to install LabView 6i on a W98SE system. The install has
> worked previously, but for some reason is now failing. I get the
> following error message from the Microsoft Installer:

> ---------------

> The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable
> disk that is not available.

> Insert the " disk and click OK.

> ---------------

> Seems simple enough, except for the proper disk is already in the
> CD-ROM. I'm assuming its looking for the .msi file, but when I point
> to it (lv60.msi) I get another error:

> ------------------

> The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that
> the source exists and that you can access it.

> ------------------

> Anyone know what's wrong? Its a little frustrating, especially since
> several successful installs have already been done.

> Michael J Eggertson

> Department of Chemistry
> University of Washington

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 09:52:05 GMT
 MSI problem when trying to install LabView 6i
Did you try copying the files into your HDD and installing it from
there?

Funny thing is that I received the same error message while installing
MS Office 2000. I couldn't find a solution to it and so the old
"reinstall" Windows trick worked. It solved the problem.

Shan Pin Koh

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 21:41:23 GMT

1. Problems with IMAQ Vision after upgrading from Labview 6i to Labview 6.1

2. Please help solving error 1322 while installing Labview 6i

3. Problem with LabView 6i

4. Problems with Labview 6i and serial port/visa

5. Problem with Advantech DAQ & Labview 6i

6. LabVIEW 6i problems on RedHat 8.0

7. Labview 6i compatibility with Labview 5.x programs

8. LabView 5.1 <--> LabView 6i

9. Problems including other installers with the install of my labview application

10. Edge detector in Labview (6i)

11. LabVIEW Built Application still requires LabVIEW to be installed on target computer

12. anyone done capture with 5112 then write same out to 5411 directly in Labview 6i