Open Application Reference Fails
Author Message
 Open Application Reference Fails

I'm trying to run the One Channel PID - Host PC.vi (the  One Channel
PID - RT Engine.vi is running on the RT box) from examples/rt.  From
the Open Application Reference vi I keep getting error 66 which says a
possible reason was that the network connection was closed by the
peer.  I've enabled both TCP/IP and ActiveX VI Server options.  I
don't know what else I need to configure to get the demo running.  On
the RT side I've got the channels defined.  I've tested them and they
seem to work as configured.  So I don't know what else I'm supposed to
look at to see what I'm doing wrong.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Evan

Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:11:38 GMT
 Open Application Reference Fails
Is the TCP/IP Access List under Options configured to give the access
to the machine you're trying to connect from?

Can you ping the machine?

Mike...

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 04:17:14 GMT
 Open Application Reference Fails
There are two other settings that should be enabled.
The first list which hosts are allowed to connect.
The second indicates which VI's are served.

Don't remember off hand which drop-downs, but they are under VI
propreties somewhere.

Ben

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 20:18:49 GMT
 Open Application Reference Fails
Evan,

Check to make sure that VI Server on the RT Engine is configured to
allow your Host PC to access it.  For RT Series DAQ Devices, this
configuration is done automatically.  For RT Engines on the network,
you will need to do the following:<ol><li>With labview Real-Time
targeted to the RT Engine, from a VI select <b>Tools>>Network: x.x.x.x
Options...</b></li>
<li>From the top pull down menu of the Options dialog box, select
<b>VI Server: Configuration</b> and make sure that TCP/IP is checked
and that the Port is 3363.</li>
<li>From the top pull down menu of the Options dialog box, select
<b>VI Server: TCP/IP Access</b> and make sure your Host PC's IP
address is in the TCP/IP Access List.  (Hint: if you put * in the
access list, then all clients are allowed VI Server Access.)</li>
<li>From the top pull down menu of the Options dialog box, select
<b>VI Server: Exported VIs</b> and add * to the Exported VIs
list.</li>

Regards,

Chad H
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 23:12:43 GMT

1. Error 7 occurred at Open VI Reference with Application Builder

2. Opening a VI Reference from an Application

3. Realbasic opens a window without a NewDocument event on opening the application

4. Passed by Reference failed - Clipper 5.2e bug ?

5. File open fails in Win95

6. Open fail: stdin when invoking MicroFocus compiler

7. failed opening

8. Expect: spawn open socket fails

9. Tcl8.1.1 fails{open nul w} on WindowsNT

10. TclPro1.4 : libtk8.3.so open failed

11. Failed socket open prevents future attempts.

12. Need help:LCL open-display on IRIX 5.x->failed to connect