ActiveX control can not be loaded after reload the vi
Author Message
 ActiveX control can not be loaded after reload the vi

Hi,

I'm using the MS treeview control to display some folder structure,
but when I close the labview, and restart it, the control can not be
loaded. The exact message is "control could not be loaded!". Even the
example in Labview 6.1 -- FamilyTree has the same problem.

I'm wondering how to solve this problem.

Thanks a lot.

Sat, 14 May 2005 22:45:22 GMT
 ActiveX control can not be loaded after reload the vi
Hi inhaler,

I recomend contacting Ni support at 1 (800) 433-3488.

If the shipped example does not work, they will be interested.

I have also heard of an on-confirmed rumor that there are issues with
using the MS treeview in LV.

Ben

Sun, 15 May 2005 21:03:29 GMT
 ActiveX control can not be loaded after reload the vi
Hi,

The only issues I know of with the Treeview example, are memory leaks. This
means, that while running the example, the memory slowly fills.

Regards,

Wiebe.

Quote:
> Hi inhaler,

> I recomend contacting Ni support at 1 (800) 433-3488.

> If the shipped example does not work, they will be interested.

> I have also heard of an on-confirmed rumor that there are issues with
> using the MS treeview in LV.

> Ben

Sun, 15 May 2005 23:21:19 GMT
 ActiveX control can not be loaded after reload the vi
I just solved the problem by register the ocx, but I'm still confused
because this ocx came from MS,  supposed to be registered by default.

Sun, 15 May 2005 23:35:49 GMT
 ActiveX control can not be loaded after reload the vi
Hi,

It's not registered by default. It's registered if one of MS's applications
registered it. It doesn't even need to be shipped with windows, although it
is for most installations. I've used labtops that where shipped with a
'minimum' installation, that didn't have the ocx installed.

Regards,

Wiebe.

Quote:
> I just solved the problem by register the ocx, but I'm still confused
> because this ocx came from MS,  supposed to be registered by default.

Sun, 15 May 2005 23:47:09 GMT
 ActiveX control can not be loaded after reload the vi
Thank you Wiebe!

It is this kind of info that keeps me coming back.

Ben

Mon, 16 May 2005 00:14:24 GMT

1. the activeX control MsComctlib.ITreeView is not loaded when I use the vi with another PC

2. ActiveX control "could not be loaded"

3. failure load.cpp line 4835 VI runs ok in 6i will not load in 6.1

4. I am using activex and everytime I save my vi it doubles in size

5. VI crashes on load because of hidden tab in tab control

6. ActiveX tree control's wiat event does not abort after nodes are added

7. I am looking for a VI that login and logout users to a main VI.

8. It's not bad canned meat...

9. It's not bad canned meat...

10. It's not bad canned meat...

11. It's not bad canned meat...