Problem with multiple acquisition and waveform average
Author Message
 Problem with multiple acquisition and waveform average

Hi all,
I have two problems; I'm using a Tektronix TDS7104 scope and I have to
acquire the same waveform several times and calculate the average between
the acquired waveforms. I can acquire a single waveform limited by the
reclength but "for loop" doesn't work correctly. I have build a "for"
around the setting vi & acquisition vi, but I correctly view only the first
acquisition. The second problem is: how can I calculate the average between
the acquired waveforms? I think to build an array starting from the single
waveforms but I don't know how to calculate the average between the rows of
the builded matrix...can someone help me?

--
Regards
CiccioSPICE

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 03:58:07 GMT
 Problem with multiple acquisition and waveform average
Hi, CiccioSPICE,
I am not sure about your first Question, but try following method for
your second Question.
You can build a 2-D array for your multi-waveform. Each row represents
one single waveform. Then you can use two for loops and one index
array. Use the two iterations to control the indexes, i.e. outer
iteration controls the column index, and inner iteration controls the
row index. Set the Outer N to the column No and inner N to row No.
Adding a shift register at inner for loop to add the number and do the
averaging outside iner for loop. That's it. I have tried and it works
ok.
Hope this help!!
Regards,
celery
Quote:

> Hi all,
> I have two problems; I'm using a Tektronix TDS7104 scope and I have to
> acquire the same waveform several times and calculate the average between
> the acquired waveforms. I can acquire a single waveform limited by the
> reclength but "for loop" doesn't work correctly. I have build a "for"
> around the setting vi & acquisition vi, but I correctly view only the first
> acquisition. The second problem is: how can I calculate the average between
> the acquired waveforms? I think to build an array starting from the single
> waveforms but I don't know how to calculate the average between the rows of
> the builded matrix...can someone help me?

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:23:21 GMT

1. Multiple waveforms acquisition

2. tds3034 scope: how to acquire waveform from channel 1 (average) and to trigger with channel 2

3. finding running average of y component of waveform data

4. how to use AI acquire waveform.vi for continuous acquisition

5. synchronizing analog data acquisition with analog waveform generation

6. synchronizing data acquisition&waveform generation

7. multiple, simultanouos, asynchron acquisition

8. multiple, indepent, simultanouos acquisition

9. precisely control timing of multiple acquisitions?

10. How to synchronous multiple waveform acquisition for 6025E board(ACH0 & ACH1)

11. multiple waveforms graphed using a control reference

12. select one of multiple waveforms