How can i display binary data on the front panel
Author Message
 How can i display binary data on the front panel

how can i display binary data on the front panel? currently all the
datas are displayed in decimal. however, i want to display them in
binary to ease my testing. how should i do?

thks

Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:42:42 GMT
 How can i display binary data on the front panel
Think that I've already answer this question, but here it is:
just right-click on your digital control/indicater (must be integer
type), select Format&Precision from the pop-up menu and in the dialog
that follows select Format->Binary.
Octal and hexademical form of representation are also available.

Sun, 30 Oct 2005 13:12:36 GMT
 How can i display binary data on the front panel

Quote:
> how can i display binary data on the front panel? currently all the

The simplest solution is to (It has to be a integer indicator, not double)
        - right click the indicator and select "Format & Precision"
        - In the format field of the dialog box select binary
This solution will, howewer not show leading zeroes.

If you use the string function "Format into string" then you can format the
number the way you like. The format string (connected on top of the
function) is "%016b", then the output string will fill up with leading 0
until the total string is 16 digits wide.

One more tip for better readability.
 If you for example have a U16 then you could the use "split number"
function (funtion palette->Advanced->Data Manipulation) to split your U16
to two U8. Place a "Format into string" function with two input terminals
on you diagram and crate a format string with "%08b 08b" and the 16 bit
number is divided into two bytes in your display.

--
Rolf

Sun, 30 Oct 2005 14:17:45 GMT

1. Can I use ActiveX to embed a front-panel inside another front-panel

2. Incorrect Front Panel color displayed when I turn the VI into an executable

3. Resizing front panel display in Labview 6.0

4. Displaying a Word Document *on the front panel*

5. Boolean swicthes to control what is displayed on the front panel

6. Displaying an HTML Document *on the front panel*

7. Displaying a Word Document *on the front panel*

8. LabVIEW front panel display poor resolution

9. Could not display bmp pictures on the front panel

10. Need to display sub-vi front panels without stopping WHILE loop containing those VI's

11. how to display sub-vi front-panel within a tab-control

12. length of 1D Array displayed on front panel???