delete directory with files? LV 6.1
Author Message
 delete directory with files? LV 6.1

I want to remove/delete a directory with files. How to do?  got
instructions?  got code.vi ?

Thank You!

Fri, 24 Jun 2005 01:34:11 GMT
 delete directory with files? LV 6.1
Herley,

According to the help for the delete function, it will retun an error
if the directory is not empty. This is how you know that it has files.
From there, you can use the list function to list all of the files and
delete them. Then, you can go back and delete the original directory.
You will need to check all sub-directories of the top level directory
as well in this same fashion.
If you do not want to go this route, then you can use the System
Exec.vi to call "rmdir /s <dir name>" in Windows. See your Windows
help for details.

Randy Hoskin
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask

Fri, 24 Jun 2005 23:51:58 GMT

1. LV 6.1 raise event programmatically

2. LV 6.1 + Windows XP taskbar

3. How do I set app revision in LV Pro 6.1

4. LV 6.0 runtime engine not found with labview 6.1

5. New LV 6.1 Queue's

6. Upgrade LV 5.1 --- 6.1 problem

7. Printing in LV 6.1 is a real pain

8. Using ActiveX DLL in LV 6.1

9. Trouble with LV 6.1 on Linux using Comedi with RedHat 8.0

10. Does the activeX server in LV 6.1 use the progID or GUID to reference controls

11. Media size option in LV app builder 6.1?

12. How to delete a file with LV 6i