Adjusting to different screen resolutions?
Author Message
 Adjusting to different screen resolutions?

Hi,
I have a vi that serves as a display screen and I was hoping there was
some way to adjust it such that it is always a certain size no matter
the screen resolution. So that no matter whether the resolution is low
or high I'd like to keep it the same size. The VI just has a big
picture control on it so scaling all objects with the window size is
completely useless,
Thanks

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 03:15:20 GMT
 Adjusting to different screen resolutions?
I would like to answer your question, but I need more info.. Would you
like it a certain size in inches.. or in pixels.  Would the resolution
be changed at runtime?
Answer these and I can give you an answer

Tue, 10 Aug 2004 16:24:54 GMT
 Adjusting to different screen resolutions?
Hi,
I actually need it in pixels, I've played around with the window size
properties and the main problem is that I can keep the picture
indictor (which takes up almost my whole screen of the VI) and the
window size constant no matter what the resolution is, but the BIG
problem is that what's actually displayed on the picture just stays
the same size (shows in the top left hand corner with higher
resolution). Basically for low resolution I have a circle with it's
center corresponsing to the center of the picture indicator, but with
higher resolution even though the indicator can be a constant size the
circle stays at whatever the pixel center was which is no longer the
middle of the indicator. So if there is some way to make the circle
bigger that's what I'm looking for. Hope that clears it up, oh and I
don't need to change resolutions during run time, just when the VI is
started I'd like it to adjust.

Tue, 10 Aug 2004 22:29:41 GMT
 Adjusting to different screen resolutions?

Quote:
> I actually need it in pixels, I've played around with the window size
> properties and the main problem is that I can keep the picture
> indictor (which takes up almost my whole screen of the VI) and the
> window size constant no matter what the resolution is, but the BIG
> problem is that what's actually displayed on the picture just stays
> the same size (shows in the top left hand corner with higher
> resolution). Basically for low resolution I have a circle with it's
> center corresponsing to the center of the picture indicator, but with
> higher resolution even though the indicator can be a constant size the
> circle stays at whatever the pixel center was which is no longer the
> middle of the indicator. So if there is some way to make the circle
> bigger that's what I'm looking for. Hope that clears it up, oh and I
> don't need to change resolutions during run time, just when the VI is
> started I'd like it to adjust.

Something is producing the picture displayed in the picture indicator.
At this point it isn't possible to scale or zoom the picture in the
indicator after the fact.  You will want to scale the coordinates
making up the picture itself.  Scale the Rect wired to the Draw Circle
and move the center to be in the center of the indicator.

Greg McKaskle

Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:52:24 GMT

1. Different screen resolutions on different platforms

2. Handling Different Screen Resolutions

3. Frontpanel sizing for different screen resolutions.

4. Different window sizes in different sceen resolutions

5. adjust to screen

6. problem: resolution functions and different types

7. Screen Resolution

8. Can I set the screen resolution using RealBasic?

9. Standard Screen Resolution.

10. Screen resolution

11. Changing Windows' screen resolution

12. How to determine screen resolution