Access Sub.vi's from a front menu button system at any time
Author Message
 Access Sub.vi's from a front menu button system at any time

I have 3 buttons on a front menu, which in turn operate three smaller
pop-up screens. I want to be able to select any of the screens at any
time from the front menu even if one of the screens is live already.
The three pop-up screens are all in seperate sub.vi's, I was going to
use the attribute node and hide each screen but this does not work for
me..

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 18:22:28 GMT
 Access Sub.vi's from a front menu button system at any time
I need some more information about your problem.
What window appearance have your pop-ups? If you have got them the
dialog style change it to custom and uncheck "auto center" and "window
is modal".
So you will be able to access all windows.

Waldemar

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 22:24:41 GMT
 Access Sub.vi's from a front menu button system at any time
I have got the pop-ups set as dialog, I will try your answer over the
weekend and see if this solves my problem, Thanks for the quick
response this has been a brain tease.

Wed, 03 Aug 2005 00:22:21 GMT
 Access Sub.vi's from a front menu button system at any time
This has worked, but how do I hold each screen on the main menu screen
until I close them individually. From yor answer I can pop up any box
at any time but as the next one is poped up the first one dissapears.
I want to try and hold all three up if necessary or any combination.

Fri, 05 Aug 2005 17:49:50 GMT
 Access Sub.vi's from a front menu button system at any time
Open them dynamically using VI server. Briefy, there's a couple
different ways to do this. One is to open a reference to the VI and
the use the Run method with Wait Until Done false. Another is to use
the property Front Panel Window:Open. Without seeing your program, I'm
not sure what exactly you're trying to accomplish but you could search
the forum for dynamic load and find a lot of discussion and examples

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 05:37:45 GMT
 Access Sub.vi's from a front menu button system at any time
You have also to remove the "Close afterwards if originally closed"
attribute to leave the panel open. This way when you want the front
panel to close you have to do this progamtically with the property
"FP.Open".

Waldemar

Wed, 10 Aug 2005 03:14:14 GMT

1. Need to display sub-vi front panels without stopping WHILE loop containing those VI's

2. How do I make sub vi's front panels visible

3. Need to place sub VI in VI a number of times

4. Selecting diferent sub Vi's from main VI

5. Making a sub VI create a graph on Front Panel

6. writing to front panel indicators from sub-VI

7. how to display sub-vi front-panel within a tab-control

8. Sub VI popup button

9. Sharing Menus from diff' menu buttons

10. I try to open two sub vi front panel in third - main vi front panel.

11. Run Time Menu and Wait for Front Panel Event does not work together

12. how to run a vi without using menu button on top