Bring a Labview Application to Front
Author Message
 Bring a Labview Application to Front

Hi,
I have got an application ran when a user click on a .bsd file in
explorer. the problem is the following : When the application has
already been opened, this one is staying in the background. I tried to
use the tool "Bring To Front", but without any succes. It makes only
the application blinking in the Task-bar. Do you have any Idea about
how to solve this?
Thanks
  Nicolas Minary

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:10:25 GMT
 Bring a Labview Application to Front
It was a bit more difficult than I would assume, but there is at least
one way of doing it;

Use the window functions of the labview Windows Utilities:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niepd_web_display.DISPLAY_EPD4?p_guid=B45E...

Now to get the behaviour you want you need to run the restore window
vi, then the always on top window..(set it to activate the window as
well).and then the revoke always on top vi...the application will
still blink on the task bar, but the window will be restored, put on
top and activated.

Mads

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:35:03 GMT
 Bring a Labview Application to Front
By the way:

The reason I call the always on top window.vi and then revoke that and
not just call the put on top window...is that that does not seem to
work...

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:37:09 GMT
 Bring a Labview Application to Front
Hi
Thanks first for this library which is very usefull !!
but it doesnt work as I would like : even with the following
sequence, the windows stay behind, and is  only blinking in the task
bar.
1/ Restore Windows
2/ "Make windows always on top.vi" (activate=True)
3/ "Revoke Windows alwas on top.vi"

The thing which work fine is when I use "Make windows always on
top.vi" , the windows stay on top.

Does this 3-steps sequence work on your computer and make the windows
appearing?
I put this sequence in a condition : when an element enter the queue
(means that someone clicks on a file), new parameters are printed, and
this sequence is runned.
Thanks again
  Nicolas

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:43:24 GMT
 Bring a Labview Application to Front
Yes it does...

I assume you make sure the revoke happens after the set on top by
wiring the error output of the first to the input of the next...

Perhaps if you wait a while after setting it to always be on top
before you revoke? That is, if it's ok that it's always on top then
off course just skip the revoke...having it always on top can be
anoying though.

If you want you could upload the file here or send a copy of the vi to

you do differently...

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:15:50 GMT

1. Bringing app to front, with mouse click to global window

2. How do you bring you app to the front

3. Bring self to front?

4. Send app to back/bring to front

5. How do I bring a window to the front

6. Window - bring to front