Interfacing LabView with WebDAQ
Author Message
 Interfacing LabView with WebDAQ

Hello,

I'm trying to interface my DAQ (CEC WebDAQ/100) to labview to download data
and manipulate the data in real time - similar to a monitoring station.
The WebDAQ apparently can be accessed via ActiveX.  Unlike C or VB examples
which define a specific ip address to access, the labview examples have no
such thing and do not work.
I'm more or less very new to labview and would appreciate any help or
insight into how this could be achieved.  Anyone attempted something
similar???
I've tried contacting CEC but they were less than helpful.

Thanks a bunch.
David

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:22:28 GMT
 Interfacing LabView with WebDAQ
David,

I took a look at CEC's web site on WebDAQ. The only infomration I
could find on customizing the basic web pages provided with the
WebDAQ/100 involved creating custom html pages and deploying them on
onboard memory on the device. There was no mention of any other
programmatic interface.

You metioned an ActiveX interface. If you can control the device via
Visual Basic (VB) through ActiveX Automation you should be able to
call the exact same functions from LabVIEW. You may find the tutorials
and examples on this page in NI Developer Zone useful:
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/devzone.nsf/webcategories/46E7994B7483D781...

Do you happen to have any VB examples you can point us to? And is
there any pre-written LabVIEW code?

I'd be interested in learning about what it is you're trying to do in
your application. There may be some alternatives you can pursue if the
ActiveX interface isn't usable.
Best Regards,
Kamran Shah
National Instruments

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 21:20:07 GMT
 Interfacing LabView with WebDAQ
I can send you some code in LabView and VB if you like.
What is your email address?
What I'd like to do is download data from the DAQ board and analyse it
(correct, combine, plot) in real time.  The way the WebDAQ is constructed,
it saves all data in a file to be downloaded at a later time.  This is no
good if you would like to implement control algorithm which require feedack.
The online manual can be found at:
http://www.microdaq.com/product/data-aquisition/webdaqHELPmanual/ where you
will find some info on the active x and so on...
Thanks for the help
David Raets

Quote:
> David,

> I took a look at CEC's web site on WebDAQ. The only infomration I
> could find on customizing the basic web pages provided with the
> WebDAQ/100 involved creating custom html pages and deploying them on
> onboard memory on the device. There was no mention of any other
> programmatic interface.

> You metioned an ActiveX interface. If you can control the device via
> Visual Basic (VB) through ActiveX Automation you should be able to
> call the exact same functions from LabVIEW. You may find the tutorials
> and examples on this page in NI Developer Zone useful:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/devzone.nsf/webcategories/46E7994B7483D781...
300662667?opendocument&node=DZ52051_US
Quote:

> Do you happen to have any VB examples you can point us to? And is
> there any pre-written LabVIEW code?

> I'd be interested in learning about what it is you're trying to do in
> your application. There may be some alternatives you can pursue if the
> ActiveX interface isn't usable.
> Best Regards,
> Kamran Shah
> National Instruments

Thu, 04 Nov 2004 09:22:11 GMT
 Interfacing LabView with WebDAQ
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Did any of you figure this out in the end??
I am also trying to configure webDAQ/100 with LabVIEW (with ActiveX)
and I would really appreciate it if anyone could give me some good
pointers :)
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 15:11:11 GMT

1. Real time data display with LabVIEW 6i and WebDAQ/100

2. Labview and WebDAQ

3. Interface ISA board via LabVIEW

4. How can I use USB interface in Labview?

5. Interfacing Labview and Fluke Hydra 2620A

6. Labview to MATLAB interface in real time?

7. Interface between C++ and labview

8. PMACPanel interface for LabView

9. Labview interface for HTML web server

10. how to interface TLA715 with Labview?

11. LabVIEW St. 3.1Win: how to interface to Centronics

12. Has anyone been able to interface DT3155 frame grabber of Data Translation with Labview