Need to display sub-vi front panels without stopping WHILE loop containing those VI's
Author Message
 Need to display sub-vi front panels without stopping WHILE loop containing those VI's

I have a WHILE loop running 5 data acquisition vi's which obtain their
data from serial and Ethernet ports.  At any time I need to open the
front panels of those vi's without interrupting the data acquisition
loop.  I thought of creating separate vi's that get their information
from the original data acq vi's via data sockets, but thought I'd ask
around first.

Sun, 21 Aug 2005 02:44:39 GMT
 Need to display sub-vi front panels without stopping WHILE loop containing those VI's
Simply opening the front panels of acquisition subvis shouldn't
disrupt the operation of the main loop unless you are trying to do
something like plot large amounts of data. Is this what you are
talking about?

Still, the technique you give will work, however another option you
might want to consider is to use a LV2 style "global" VI that stores
data in an uninitialized shift-register.

Mike...

Sun, 21 Aug 2005 13:34:29 GMT
 Need to display sub-vi front panels without stopping WHILE loop containing those VI's
I thought I responded earlier to your reply, but I don't see it listed
anywhere.  Your solution does exactly what I needed it to do.  I was
under the impression that VI Server only worked on REMOTE machines...
my mistake.  Thanks again for saving me a bunch of time!

Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:15:45 GMT

1. how to display sub-vi front-panel within a tab-control

2. Making a sub VI create a graph on Front Panel

3. writing to front panel indicators from sub-VI

4. How do I make sub vi's front panels visible

5. Very easy translation of front panels and RTMs (without Export/Import VI Strings)

6. Publishing VI's on the Internet without open front panels

7. Incorrect Front Panel color displayed when I turn the VI into an executable

8. I try to open two sub vi front panel in third - main vi front panel.

9. How to stick the called vi on the same place of front panel of main VI

10. Can I use ActiveX to embed a front-panel inside another front-panel

11. Sub-VIs with front-panel controls?

12. closing front panel of subvi