Fortran/C code to read LV binary data?
Author Message
 Fortran/C code to read LV binary data?

Can anyone help with an example fortran or C code to read labview
binary data for post-processing? I want to be able to keep data files
compact. I've had no luck searching this site: sorry if it's a common
question.

Wed, 28 Sep 2005 01:48:58 GMT
 Fortran/C code to read LV binary data?
There's an example C program <A
href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/973...">here</A>.
Also, part of the shipping documentation is an app note titled
"LabVIEW Data Storage Formats" that you need to understand when you
write your LabVIEW program to save binary data and when you write the
Fortran/C program to read it.

And just to satisfy my curiosity, why do you want to use Fortran/C for
post-processing instead of LabVIEW?

Wed, 28 Sep 2005 05:42:44 GMT
 Fortran/C code to read LV binary data?
Thanks Dennis!

The data needs to be crunched on a workstation with programs already
written in F77/C. I guess the real answer is laziness :-)

Wed, 28 Sep 2005 20:33:57 GMT

1. Using DEC Fortran to read raw binary data?

2. Problems reading Fortran binary data files

3. help reading fortran generated binary data...

4. Reading a binary data set created by SAS into FORTRAN

5. Read the fortran unformatted binary data.

6. Reading a binary file / writing binary data to a file

7. Reading Arguments from Command Line and reading binary data

8. CR/LF input in a data file to read into an MS Fortran code

9. help reading negative values in data file - test code and test data

10. Fortran Data Input Problem-sample data and READ stmt

11. Reading binary double floats from an old data file