RS-232 and LabVIEW
Author Message
 RS-232 and LabVIEW

Hello, I've only just started using labview and writing computer
controls for
experiments, so this question might be a bit basic.

But, my problem is that the LabVIEW manuals all seem to talk about GPIB,
but I
have an RS-232 link between my computer and the digital volt meter. The
driver that
came with the hardware (HP 34970A) also seems to be just for GPIB. How
do I
get labview to talk down the RS 232 link?

I'd be grateful for any help,

Emma Hobbs

Tue, 20 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 RS-232 and LabVIEW
Hi,
there is a part of the manual devoted to the RS-232 and several commands
already built-in that you can find on the tools pad.
It sounds strange that the VI for your volt meter (implemented by the HP
I suppose...but it doesn't really matter) might use the GPIB if you don't
have any GPIB port on that machine.
I have been working with an RS-232 with labview for a while and if the
machine you want to connect to is not "peculiar" in the format of the
data, the built-in VIs make things quite straightforward (chek better the
manual).

Good luck

Riccardo

Quote:

> Hello, I've only just started using LabVIEW and writing computer
> controls for
> experiments, so this question might be a bit basic.

> But, my problem is that the LabVIEW manuals all seem to talk about GPIB,
> but I
> have an RS-232 link between my computer and the digital volt meter. The
> driver that
> came with the hardware (HP 34970A) also seems to be just for GPIB. How
> do I
> get labview to talk down the RS 232 link?

> I'd be grateful for any help,

> Emma Hobbs

Thu, 22 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. simple RS-232 advice for labview novice

2. Labview & RS-232

3. simple RS-232 advice for labview

4. MOXA C218 RS-232 Async Card under Labview

5. HP 34970A and Labview via RS-232

6. Visibility of an RS 232 converter on USB

7. VisualAge Smalltalk RS 232 Communication

8. Placing RS-232 Data into the Keyboard Buffer?

9. some problem in RS-232

10. RS-232 Problem

11. push botton for RS 232 serial bus

12. RS-232 problems