Using VI Server to pass data between a Labview Executable and a VI
Author Message
 Using VI Server to pass data between a Labview Executable and a VI

If you build the shipping example as is, it will work. Don't add
anything. I think the problem is with the plug-ins. You'll only get a
list of plug-ins if the open without an error. Without the labview
development system, subVIs, etc. are missing and they won't open. For
each of the plug-ins, do a Save with Options and choose Application
Distribution. Save the llb in the same folder as your plug-in VI. The
llb will have vi.lib files and all external sub-routines and the
plug-in VI should open without an error.

Mon, 15 Aug 2005 01:58:54 GMT
 Using VI Server to pass data between a Labview Executable and a VI
Something to consider when building executables: the vi is simply
bundled into the executable.  For instance, a path that looked like
C:\Level1\Level2\sample.vi in code, looks like
C:\Level1\Level2\Sample.exe\sample.vi in the executable.

This can play merry havoc with any relative pathing that's performed
in executables, such as in the Create Plugin List.vi subvi in the
plugin example.

This may or may not be the source of your problem, but it's worth
trying.

Good luck.

Mon, 15 Aug 2005 05:07:35 GMT
 Using VI Server to pass data between a Labview Executable and a VI
I tried the example provided with LV: the code works in the
development environment but it does not works with the .exe (Only the
called VI's that do not have sub-VI's can be found in the list!).It
seems that the run time is able to locate the called VI but not its
sub-VI's!

I've added the reference to the local host as I found some information
on the following link:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/7da...

.with this, the .exe work well when Labvew also loaded is! but it's
only half of the way as I need to run this on a computer without LV!

Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:32:25 GMT
 Using VI Server to pass data between a Labview Executable and a VI
I've tried it but it does not solve the problem! I even tried to call
the vi in the .llb without success!

Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:42:20 GMT

1. Best method to pass high speed graph data from a VI Server called VI

2. Using control reference with a Sub-vi over a TCP VI Server connection

3. Using control reference with a Sub-vi over a TCP VI Server connection

4. convert's labview 6.1 vi's to labview 5.1 vi's

5. hen I launch my LabVIEW VI, I get following messages: Please find the VI

6. How do I use server to control for sub-vi from a main vi

7. Remote VI won't load when called with VI Server

8. Stand-alone executable with CGI VI's , ITK and LabVIEW 6.1

9. how to create a executable of my labVIEW VI

10. indicator color in executable not same as in LabVIEW 6.1 VI

11. Data transfering from sub-vi to main-vi

12. Continuous data transfer from vi to sub-vi