extracting data from subvi via main vi before subvi is finished
Author Message
 extracting data from subvi via main vi before subvi is finished

Check out the synchronization examples in labview.  There are a number
of options for doing this.  I suspect that either Queues or Notifiers
will do the trick.

Good luck.

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 02:24:24 GMT
 extracting data from subvi via main vi before subvi is finished
I've reviewed answers to similiar questions, but I guess I'm just not
getting it. I have a indicator in my subvi that I want to extract data
while it is exicuting/running in my main vi. I know I have to use
references but I must not be doing it right. My subvi is in a For Loop
and my main vi is in a While Loop. When my subvi is called it runs a
given number of times (iterations) and returns a value. I want to
extract the iterations as they occur(0..1..2..etc.)in my main vi (I
need it to create a "test in progress" heartbeat).

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 02:20:22 GMT
 extracting data from subvi via main vi before subvi is finished
1. Try using a queue.  Have the subVI write to the queue, and the main
VI read from the queue.

2. Make sure your subVI runs asynchronously.  This may require more
than one while loop in your main VI.  Check this by running a test
with execution highlighting activated (light bulb).  You should see
your main while loop continue to iterate while the subVI is running.

Regards,

Doug

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 03:44:52 GMT

1. SubVI's in Main VI

2. SubVI's in Main VI

3. main's open/replace/create file.vi but write in subvi

4. Dynamic start of subvi without waiting for end of subvi

5. How do I get values into a vi from a subvi while the subvi is still running within the vi?

6. How do I get values into a vi from a subvi while the subvi is still running within the vi?

7. Set/get attribs via SubVI (revisited)

8. Top Level VI and SubVI Execution

9. polymorphic subVI in DB Tools Get Properties.vi

10. replace a subvi used in several other vi

11. I am looking for a VI that login and logout users to a main VI.

12. Reentrant subVI's in Reentrant VI's