Sub.vi shrinking Main.vi
Author Message
 Sub.vi shrinking Main.vi

I have a main.vi which 'does' everything, and a sub.vi which displays
a simple multi-line string of status information (for some old-folks
here who need the security of a dumb ascii display).  What I would
like to do is have the sub.vi panel be able to shrink the main.vi
panel to the toolbar.  With the refnum approach, I can get the sub.vi
to CLOSE the main.vi, which shuts it down and is not thereby useful;
especially because main.vi is not restartable from the same refnum.

How do I (if at all) from a sub.vi cajole the main.vi to close/reopen
its window without shutting down its run state?  GH

Fri, 05 Nov 2004 20:30:01 GMT
 Sub.vi shrinking Main.vi
Assume you have in sub.vi refnum of main.vi.
In refnum properties select Front Panel Window\Open. Set it to false -
it will set main.vi Front Panel unvisible. Set it to true and it will
be visible.

Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:00:29 GMT
 Sub.vi shrinking Main.vi
Quote:

> Assume you have in sub.vi refnum of main.vi.
> In refnum properties select Front Panel Window\Open. Set it to false -
> it will set main.vi Front Panel unvisible. Set it to true and it will
> be visible.

Actually tried this before I posted here.  The main.vi window closes
and the main.vi shuts down using this method.  I need main.vi to stay
alive generating data...

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 01:13:34 GMT
 Sub.vi shrinking Main.vi
Hi all.
There is a labview library of Windows API calls.  One of the commands
is minimize.  I think the .llb works well and is well documented. Goto
www.ni.com and enter   windows api function utilities 32      in the
search bar.

Jeremy Braden
National Instruments

Sun, 07 Nov 2004 03:12:49 GMT

1. How do I use server to control for sub-vi from a main vi

2. Sub VI to main VI

3. Data transfering from sub-vi to main-vi

4. "sub vi calling main vi"

5. i do not want to halt main vi while executing sub vi

6. Selecting diferent sub Vi's from main VI

7. how to close a sub-vi when running the main

8. buffer to hold integer value w/sub main vi

9. Using control reference with a Sub-vi over a TCP VI Server connection

10. Using control reference with a Sub-vi over a TCP VI Server connection

11. How to stick the called vi on the same place of front panel of main VI

12. Need to place sub VI in VI a number of times