Help comparing the value of a button using the Property Node (I get a variant)
Author Message
 Help comparing the value of a button using the Property Node (I get a variant)

Javier,

There is another problem in your code: the booleans are not polled by
the main loop so they will remain false until the user presses them
again. This renders the boolean latch action useless.

What you can do is to change the mechanical action of the booleans to
non-latch. When you detect a "true" in the polling loop, set the
boolean to false again. One added benefit is that once all boolean are
non-latch, the value property won't be a variant but a boolean so
conversion is no longer needed.

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:13:05 GMT
 Help comparing the value of a button using the Property Node (I get a variant)
Thank you Nadav...
The error mentioned on Mr. Drolet's answer was causing me the
confussion about the way the variant should be converted.
Thank you again!

JM

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 23:03:19 GMT
 Help comparing the value of a button using the Property Node (I get a variant)
Jean-Pierre:

Thank you! I think I got the idea of the latching action and the
Variant Types

About the error polling the booleans... there is not much to say... I
was so blind to see it... Thanks again!

Regards,

JAVIER

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:58:35 GMT

1. Differance between Local Variable and Value Property Node ?

2. Local Variable vs. Property Node (Value)

3. Local Variable vs. Property Node (Value)

4. Python and COM : getting VARIANT values

5. Using Property Nodes

6. Using property node by reference in a for loop

7. Selecting elements of an array using property nodes

8. playing AVI files using invoke/property nodes

9. Labview 5.1.1 crashes when I use Invoke Node or Property Node

10. undefined property in property node

11. Align graphs using property nodes

12. Getting and Setting Node values from javascript