Serial Control
Author Message
 Serial Control

Hello there,

I am a user of labview 4.01 and having problems with serial control
function Serial Port Write. Does someone have a solution to solve the
next problem.

When a open a serial device with HW Handshake and the other device does
not set ready to receive I kan only call one time the write function,
the next I call it the function does not return until CTS is set bij the
other divice.

How can I avoid this, is there a function to check Handshake state
before transmitting data.

Regards
R.C.Engineering,  Gerrit Faas

Sat, 07 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Serial Control

Quote:

> Hello there,

> I am a user of labview 4.01 and having problems with serial control
> function Serial Port Write. Does someone have a solution to solve the
> next problem.

> When a open a serial device with HW Handshake and the other device does
> not set ready to receive I kan only call one time the write function,
> the next I call it the function does not return until CTS is set bij the
> other divice.

> How can I avoid this, is there a function to check Handshake state
> before transmitting data.

> Regards
> R.C.Engineering,  Gerrit Faas

This is the way HW handshaking works. If you do not wnat to use HW
handshaking
then use the "Serial Port Init.vi" and turn it off. The other alternative
is to wire
the CTS and RTR together. SW handshaking (using XON / XOFF) is another
approach.

  kentkb.vcf
< 1K Download

Sat, 07 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. receiving binary data with a serial control?

2. Serial Control Question

3. serial control

4. Serial Control

5. how to control the serial control pins on a keyspan pda adapter?

6. Serial Control! Please help!

7. Can I read the state of serial control lines?

8. VW2.5 Serial Port control

9. serial port control

10. Controlling Serial Ports

11. Controlling Serial Devices