how to implement a psophometric filter in Labview software
Author Message
 how to implement a psophometric filter in Labview software

I am trying to implement a psophometric filter in software for a noise
measurment on a telephony system.

Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:10:58 GMT
 how to implement a psophometric filter in Labview software
Jake8,

I spent some time searching not only ni.com, but many other Web sites
as well. I could not find any algorithms to implement. If you have an
algorithm, then I may be able to be some help. Are there any other
weighted filter you could use instead? Please post again if you have
an algorithm.

Randy Hoskin
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:58:02 GMT
 how to implement a psophometric filter in Labview software
Hi Jake8,

I don't know about your situation, but my use for a psophometric filter
was to filter the audio before a sinad measurement. I didn't find a filter
algothym in the time domain, but I did find the filter shape in the
frequency domain. My SINAD meter calculates the SINAD from FFT data, so
the all i had to do was apply the filter shape over the FFT data, and so
filtering it, then calculate the SINAD.

It is possible to synthesise a FIR filter from frequency domain data, but
I couldn't make it work. The problem with FIR's, is they do take a lot of
processing compaired to IIR's for the same frequency responce.
If their is an engineer out there that can synthesise a suitable FIR or
IIR filter, I can forward the articles that have the freq responce.

Tim

Quote:

> I am trying to implement a psophometric filter in software for a noise
> measurment on a telephony system.

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 11:46:42 GMT
 how to implement a psophometric filter in Labview software
I can build a psophometric shaped linear phase FIR filter at any
desired sample rate.  Give me some means to contact you for more
information.

Sun, 05 Dec 2004 01:33:01 GMT

1. How do I implement a Psophometric filter in software?

2. How to implement a Function/Routine into a Filter

3. BWidget: How to implement a Tree Filter

4. Implementing C code in Labview and NT

5. HOW TO implement a tcl-shell in LabVIEW (2nd): rerouting stdio

6. How to implement a StateSpace-Controller in Labview

7. is matlab's fminsearch implemented in Labview?

8. HOW TO implement a tcl-shell in LabVIEW (2nd): rerouting stdio

9. HOW TO implement a tcl-shell in LabVIEW ?

10. Filter Design with LabVIEW 5.0

11. can you create a custom filter using Labview

12. Kalman filter in LabVIEW