get single table row ??
Author Message
 get single table row ??

Hi,

anyone out there who can answer this maybe simple question, since i
don't why it isn't working:

i've got a table-control (n rows , 7 columns) and i want to copy
row 1,all available columns into a new array of strings.
However, "index array" or "array subset" do not work, since they expect
an array with the same the dimensions as wired.

I just want to get a whole column, regardless how much rows.

The manual says a table is nothing else than a 2d-array of strings, so
why is that "array subset" not working ??

Regards
Stefan ;-)
--
    //===============================================//
   // Stefan Tauche                                 //

//===============================================//

Sat, 07 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 get single table row ??

If you pop up on the index terminal of a 2D array indexer you can disable
them individually. Depending upon which one you disable you get either a
single row or column out.

Mike...

Quote:

> Hi,

> anyone out there who can answer this maybe simple question, since i
> don't why it isn't working:

> i've got a table-control (n rows , 7 columns) and i want to copy
> row 1,all available columns into a new array of strings.
> However, "index array" or "array subset" do not work, since they expect
> an array with the same the dimensions as wired.

> I just want to get a whole column, regardless how much rows.

> The manual says a table is nothing else than a 2d-array of strings, so
> why is that "array subset" not working ??

> Regards
> Stefan ;-)
> --
>     //===============================================//
>    // Stefan Tauche                                 //
>   //   Siemens Semiconductor Group, Muenchen       //

> //===============================================//

> Hi,

> anyone out there who can answer this maybe simple question, since i
> don't why it isn't working:

> i've got a table-control (n rows , 7 columns) and i want to copy
> row 1,all available columns into a new array of strings.
> However, "index array" or "array subset" do not work, since they expect
> an array with the same the dimensions as wired.

> I just want to get a whole column, regardless how much rows.

> The manual says a table is nothing else than a 2d-array of strings, so
> why is that "array subset" not working ??

> Regards
> Stefan ;-)
> --
>     //===============================================//
>    // Stefan Tauche                                 //
>   //   Siemens Semiconductor Group, Muenchen       //

> //===============================================//

  porterm.vcf
< 1K Download

Sat, 07 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. alternate row color for every other row in table

2. Lookup to ODBC table repositions browse to 1st row in table

3. Table Widgets with Table and Row Adaptors

4. Converting data from TPS table to MS SQL 7 table getting wrong values

5. BROWSE reset - BUT only a single row

6. Update an array based on a single row?

7. Updating a single column across multiple rows

8. how can i retrieve a single row from JTable using jython

9. VisualAge Single Row Query

10. Single Row Query Part of Visualage.

11. How to transpose rows and cells of a table

12. Copy rows inside an sql table - crosspost clc,c55ee,drivers