Q: overflow error at AI Buffer Read
Author Message
 Q: overflow error at AI Buffer Read

Hi, LVers,

I'm using an AT-MIO-16X DAQ board to acquire data from a chemical
instrument, 1500 scans(points) /each spectrum. An overflow error (error
code: 10845) often takes place after acquiring 3000-5000 spetra. The
error reporter says "the driver could not read data from the device fast
enough to keep up with the device throughput".

The current configurations are:
-PII 200 computer with Win98
-Acquisition Rate 80 KHZ
-Buffer size: 1500
-memory for buffer: "allocate host computer memory"

I tried to fix it by reducing the Acq Rate to 20 KHZ(looks slow) but
still the same error. Also tried by increasing buffer size to 3000, but
a little too slow and still the same error.

What's the key factor, or if else, in this case? How to fix it by a easy
way?

Thanks in advance.

--
G. Chen
Ohio University, Athens, OH

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 30 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. error 10846 at AI Buffer Read

2. Error by AI Buffer Read.vi

3. Clipper 5.01 C3002 Input Buffer Overflow error

4. HELP: AI Buffer Read.vi triggrting

5. VO 1.0c Output buffer overflow error?

6. Qs: Output Buffering & Control-C

7. -10608 Error from AI Read

8. When using AI start with pretrigger scans, which terminals do I need for AI Read

9. Qs re 'Write & 'Read

10. AI Read - Number of scans to read???

11. CD 3.1 "Buffer Overflow" in report