Hardware driver programming : Help !!!
Author Message
 Hardware driver programming : Help !!!

Hello

I just bought a special X-ray sensor, which came with its ISA interface card
but without any driver. The documentation indicates which registers and
memory range to read and write, and I have to build the labview driver
myself. I need to program only some basic tasks (such as impose gain and
exposure time, start an acquisition and get back the data), and I planned to
call some C routines with Code Interface Nodes.

I don't have any experience in hardware programming, and I don't know which
C functions I must use to access the memory and registers to dialog with
this card.

Any information (book reference, example program ...) would be very
helpfull.

Thank you in advance.

Eric Hervieu

Commissariat a l'Energie Atomique - Grenoble
DTP/SETEX/LTDF
Tel : (33) 04 76 88 45 33
Fax : (33) 04 76 88 52 90

Sat, 21 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Hardware driver programming : Help !!!

Hello Eric,

if you are using Windows 95 you can use the InPort/OutPort Functions of Labview
(you can find them in the advanced\memory menu) to do register-level programming.
I've devoloped an  analog i/o-Driver for a Keithley DAS 1600 DAQ card in
that way.  It works quite pretty. If you are interested, I can send you an
example VI via e-Mail.

Martin

Quote:

>Hello>>I just bought a special X-ray sensor, which came with its ISA interface

card>but without any driver. The documentation indicates which registers
and>memory range to read and write, and I have to build the LabView driver>myself.
I need to program only some basic tasks (such as impose gain and>exposure
time, start an acquisition and get back the data), and I planned to>call
some C routines with Code Interface Nodes.>>I don't have any experience in
hardware programming, and I don't know which>C functions I must use to access
the memory and registers to dialog with>this card.>>Any information (book
reference, example program ...) would be very>helpfull.>>Thank you in advance.>>Eric
Hervieu>>=============================================>Commissariat a l'Energie
Atomique - Grenoble>DTP/SETEX/LTDF>Tel : (33) 04 76 88 45 33>Fax : (33) 04

Mon, 23 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Hardware driver programming : Help !!!
I too need to talk to an old Keithley DAS 20 (!)  -- but inport/outport does not work on WinNt
due to memory protection!  Any ideas?
Quote:

> Hello Eric,

> if you are using Windows 95 you can use the InPort/OutPort Functions of Labview
> (you can find them in the advanced\memory menu) to do register-level programming.
> I've devoloped an  analog i/o-Driver for a Keithley DAS 1600 DAQ card in
> that way.  It works quite pretty. If you are interested, I can send you an
> example VI via e-Mail.

> Martin

> >Hello>>I just bought a special X-ray sensor, which came with its ISA interface
> card>but without any driver. The documentation indicates which registers
> and>memory range to read and write, and I have to build the LabView driver>myself.
> I need to program only some basic tasks (such as impose gain and>exposure
> time, start an acquisition and get back the data), and I planned to>call
> some C routines with Code Interface Nodes.>>I don't have any experience in
> hardware programming, and I don't know which>C functions I must use to access
> the memory and registers to dialog with>this card.>>Any information (book
> reference, example program ...) would be very>helpfull.>>Thank you in advance.>>Eric
> Hervieu>>=============================================>Commissariat a l'Energie
> Atomique - Grenoble>DTP/SETEX/LTDF>Tel : (33) 04 76 88 45 33>Fax : (33) 04

Sat, 28 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Hardware driver programming : Help !!!
Helen,

Check out the KnowledgeBase article on accessing the parallel port from NT
(http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/c80...
094c296862565f3007ac765?OpenDocument).  The llb and zip files at the bottom
of this article contain NT compatible In Port and Out Port vis.  I'm using
them successfully on my NT.
Hope this helps.

Jim

Quote:
> I too need to talk to an old Keithley DAS 20 (!)  -- but inport/outport

does not work on WinNt
Quote:
> due to memory protection!  Any ideas?

> > Hello Eric,

> > if you are using Windows 95 you can use the InPort/OutPort Functions of
Labview
> > (you can find them in the advanced\memory menu) to do register-level
programming.
> > I've devoloped an  analog i/o-Driver for a Keithley DAS 1600 DAQ card in
> > that way.  It works quite pretty. If you are interested, I can send you
an
> > example VI via e-Mail.

> > Martin

> > >Hello>>I just bought a special X-ray sensor, which came with its ISA
interface
> > card>but without any driver. The documentation indicates which registers
> > and>memory range to read and write, and I have to build the LabView
driver>myself.
> > I need to program only some basic tasks (such as impose gain
and>exposure
> > time, start an acquisition and get back the data), and I planned to>call
> > some C routines with Code Interface Nodes.>>I don't have any experience
in
> > hardware programming, and I don't know which>C functions I must use to
access
> > the memory and registers to dialog with>this card.>>Any information
(book
> > reference, example program ...) would be very>helpfull.>>Thank you in
advance.>>Eric
> > Hervieu>>=============================================>Commissariat a
l'Energie
> > Atomique - Grenoble>DTP/SETEX/LTDF>Tel : (33) 04 76 88 45 33>Fax : (33)
04
> > 76 88 52 90>E.mail :

Sat, 28 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help Re - Program to read PC hardware attachments?

2. Convert Existing Program (Topspeed Driver) to MS SQL Drivers

3. Looking for someone to writer hardware drivers

4. Writing hardware driver for own device

5. Win NT hardware access driver

6. programming a kernel (floppy driver help)

7. Need help with programming drivers...

8. Help on Arnet driver programming

9. Hardware independant hardware access ...

10. Lazy functional programming on stock hardware

11. REq: Lazy functional programming on stock hardware

12. In Search of Hardware Description Programs