I am new to both LabVIEW and Microsoft Source Safe but...
Author Message
 I am new to both LabVIEW and Microsoft Source Safe but...

I am new to both labview and Microsoft Source Safe but nevertheless I
was asked set up Source Code Control using Microsoft Source Safe. I am
having several problems.

We run Microsoft Source Safe 5 & 6 on our server. I dont know how to
tell SCC to switch between Source Safe 5 & 6, it seems to only find 5.

Thanks
Bruce

Mon, 08 Sep 2003 00:00:23 GMT
 I am new to both LabVIEW and Microsoft Source Safe but...

Quote:

> I am new to both LabVIEW and Microsoft Source Safe but nevertheless I
> was asked set up Source Code Control using Microsoft Source Safe. I am
> having several problems.

Sorry to hear that; Visual SourceSafe (VSS) was recommended to me by LV
developers, & has worked fine for me for about 2 years. The same people
who recommended it are still using it, in a developer shop of about 20
engineers. I've heard it recommended for sites with 1 to about 60
people.

Quote:
> We run Microsoft Source Safe 5 & 6 on our server. I dont know how to
> tell SCC to switch between Source Safe 5 & 6, it seems to only find 5.

Don't use 2 different versions; recipe for trouble! 6 works fine. The
same people who recommended VSS advised me to skip NI's SCC.

For more help on VSS itself, visit the newsgroups

microsoft.public.sourcesafe
microsoft.public.visual.sourcesafe
microsoft.public.vsnet.vss
microsoft.public.vstudio.sourcesafe

If your nerws server desn't carry them, try egroups.com or the MS news
server msnews.microsoft.com .

Best, Mark

Mon, 08 Sep 2003 01:45:54 GMT

1. Can LabVIEW automatically login to Visual Source Safe?

2. I am not able to execute new.ccf in coboldpc when I call coboldpc through labview

3. Python source under VSS (Visual Source Safe)

4. Am I Safe?

5. I am new to LabVIEW and I am having the classic problem of...

6. Source Safe ? - Any Comments

7. Visual Source Safe / PVCS or what ?!?

8. Using MS Source Safe in VB .50

9. py2exe how safe is my source ?

10. I am having touble logging alarm status in labview

11. I am looking for a manual of LabVIEW

12. I am trying to create a standalone in Labview 6.1