stepper motor speed control
Author Message
 stepper motor speed control

Dear Reader,
I want to control the speed of a 4-phase stepper motor using labview
6i and PCI 6024E card. Hence I am approaching you for help and advice.
I want to control the speed of a stepper motor, which is used for
rotating the diffraction grating used in the monochromator.
Please try and answer a few of my questions:
1. Can I interface the stepper motor directly with the card PCI 6024E,
or I need a drive for that purpose?
2. I just want to rotate the stepper motor at a fixed speed, meaning
that I don’t want to change the speed of the stepper motor in
between, I need a few fixed speeds, what are the problems of
controlling the stepper motor using the PCI 6024E cards?
3.Have you been successful in interfacing your stepper motor with the
6025E card?

Fri, 20 Aug 2004 14:46:19 GMT
 stepper motor speed control
Dear Reader,
I want to control the speed of a 4-phase stepper motor using LabVIEW
6i and PCI 6024E card. Hence I am approaching you for help and advice.
I want to control the speed of a stepper motor, which is used for
rotating the diffraction grating used in the monochromator.
Please try and answer a few of my questions:
1. Can I interface the stepper motor directly with the card PCI 6024E,
or I need a drive for that purpose?
2. I just want to rotate the stepper motor at a fixed speed, meaning
that I don’t want to change the speed of the stepper motor in
between, I need a few fixed speeds, what are the problems of
controlling the stepper motor using the PCI 6024E cards?
3.Have you been successful in interfacing your stepper motor with the
6025E card?

Fri, 20 Aug 2004 14:47:45 GMT
 stepper motor speed control
You definitively need a power driver for each phase.
There used to be an example in driving the four phases of a
steppermotor.
The best you can do is to prepare an array of phases that you send to
the digital port.
In this way you have the least overhead from the OS.

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:45:46 GMT
 stepper motor speed control
It would be extremely nice and kind of you if you could be a little
descriptive. Please send me an example of a simple speed control of a
stepper motor. Please try and answer all questions that I asked.

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:46:19 GMT
 stepper motor speed control
Thanks a lot Albert, but I am unable to open the zipped vi file for
stepper motor control because it is a old version of LabVIEW. kindly
see to it if you can please send me any new  stepper motor control vi
which can be opened on LabVIEW 6i.Thanks once again.
Himanshu Mishra

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:09:56 GMT
 stepper motor speed control
Dear Sir,
It would be extremely nice and kind of you if you could please keep
the communication link alive and try  and ans my questions..

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 12:29:56 GMT
 stepper motor speed control
Respected Sir,
It was really nice and kind of you to send me the stepper motor VI's.I
would like to tell you a few things before I ask you a few questions:
1. I have LabVIEW 6i, and a PCI 6024E card for DAQ
2.I do not have any motion control card for stepper motor control.
3.I want to control the speed of the stepper motor using the PCI 6024E
card.
Now my questions:
1.Can the VIs which you have sent me run on a PCI 6024E card and can
it be used via a power drive to control a stepper motor?
2. What kind of power drive will you recommend for a 4 phase stepper
motor control?( we have a 4 phase stepper motor)
3. Is it possible to interface the stepper motor directly to the PCI
6024E card via a CB 68LP terminal?

It would be extremely nice and kind of you if you give the answers to

in developer exchange.
Thanking you
Himanshu Mishra
IIT Kanpur

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 13:58:10 GMT
 stepper motor speed control
Please answer the above questions and share with me you expertise.
Thanking you
Himanshu Mishra

Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:41:33 GMT
 stepper motor speed control
Respected Sir,
It was very nice and kind of you to provide me with stepper library,It
would be further generous of you you if you could provide me the
following details:

How can a stepper motor be controlled with a PCI 6024E card?
What kind of Power drive would you recommend for a stepper motor of
four phase?
What are the connections that are to be made from the PCI 6024E (CB
68LP) connector block and the stepper motor via the power drive?
What are the drawbacks of the controlling the stepper motor with a PCI
6024E card?

Sat, 09 Oct 2004 13:56:14 GMT

1. stepper motor control

2. Stepper Motor Control

3. Stepper Motor Control

4. PCI 6024E used in stepper motor control

5. Stepper motor control using PCI 6024E card?

6. PCI 6024E stepper motor control

7. stepper motor control

8. stepper motor controller

9. stepper motor microstep

10. stepper motor and NI6025E card

11. Driving stepper motor via parallel port

12. Stepper motor problem