Open an avi file using ftp
Author Message
 Open an avi file using ftp

I'd need to open an avi file from a server using ftp. is it
possible?Any help will be thank!

Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:17:34 GMT
 Open an avi file using ftp
Go to David Moore's website http://www.mooregoodideas.com.  In the
Free Downloads area you will find a tool called WinInet Driver.
WinInet Easy Get URL.vi is the VI that you will want to use.  You can
enter your URL such as ftp://SERVERNAME/PathToAVI .

Good Luck,

Jim Kring

Fri, 18 Feb 2005 23:54:49 GMT
 Open an avi file using ftp
I have try that, but when I enter the URL such as
ftp://SERVERNAME/PathToAVI, it returns tha data of the avi file as
string, so I can't view the image. That happens also if you use the
FTP VI's from Internet Toolkit. Anyway, thanks a lot for the
suggestion.
I have done using Windows Media as an ActiveX control where the file
name to open is ftp://SERVERNAME/PathToAVI and it works.

Thanks!

SBC

Sat, 19 Feb 2005 14:35:47 GMT
 Open an avi file using ftp
Yes, it returns the the data as a string.  You can write that string
to a file and it will become an avi file.

Good Luck,

-Jim

Sat, 19 Feb 2005 22:04:18 GMT

1. playing AVI files using invoke/property nodes

2. how to view an AVI file using labVIEW

3. error 37 File not open using a variable file name

4. Searce masm32 Codes for Open and play AVI moves

5. Uploading a file using FTP

6. Transfer files using FTP how ???????

7. File transfer using FTP...

8. How to upload a file onto a webpage using LabVIEW FTP server

9. DataSocket example using ftp: causes file corruption ?

10. Retrieve file by FTP (using urllib)

11. best way to ftp a file using ftplib?

12. FTP using script file