alarm timer
Author Message
 alarm timer

Hi, I developing a tank control application, and I want to have a
maximun level alarm, but I only wants to shoot the alarm if the level
mantains in maximun by 10 seconds.
Problem 1 - when my application starts to count the time, it forgets
the rest of the code, the level never increases.
Problem 2- how can I create a timer that count 10 seconds.

thanks in advance
HDLP

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 02:58:33 GMT
 alarm timer
It doesn't "forget" the rest ... the problem is that those 5 second
delays block the "fase" changes and the wait period is 5 seconds even
though the value of "fases" are changing in other cases - !!! the
output timer value from "Wait(ms)" function is read AFTER 5 seconds
wait period !!! That's way you need to get the time in seconds (with
little delays between readings) and the tank level won't be affected
by alarm related calculations.

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 00:18:53 GMT
 alarm timer
Can you explain-me this better.
what do you mean with "the wait period is 5 seconds even though the
value of "fases".
and whith "tath's way you need to get the time in seconds (with little
delay between readings)" - How i do this
thanks in advance for your help
HDLP

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 00:34:10 GMT
 alarm timer
thanks for your example, my first phase is working perfectly now. My
problem now is how can i change phases. I don't understad how can I
change the phases.
Thanks again for all your work.
HDLP

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 06:44:15 GMT
 alarm timer
thanks for your help my program is almost complete.

Fri, 17 Dec 2004 06:35:44 GMT
 alarm timer
Hi again!
I was trying to modify your alarm example, to do the same thing but in
inverse, now I want to test if the tank is empty in a certain time.
But my modifications dind't work can you help me???
thanks in advance
HDLP

Sat, 18 Dec 2004 08:04:39 GMT
 alarm timer
Just change the comparison (replace [GREATER than ALARM limit] with
[LESS than EMPTY limit] or [EQUAL EMPTY]).

Good Luck

Sat, 18 Dec 2004 21:54:59 GMT
 alarm timer
thanks, but I dind't explain me well, this is a good solution, but I
want that the alarm display after the time goes by, and not when the
watter gets the minimum level.
Thanks again
HDLP

Sat, 18 Dec 2004 23:11:41 GMT
 alarm timer
The delay before alarm will be the same, is just that the condition is
different - instead of monitoring the time the level is greater than
limit, it will wait same time for level to be less than (or equal)
limit.

From the DELAY BEFORE ALARM point of view, the only important thing is
a change in comparison result (TRUE/FALSE).

Sat, 18 Dec 2004 23:31:33 GMT
 alarm timer
(I applogize if this takes your solution in another direction, but I
didn't have time to review all of the otehr correspondance.)

In a similar situation, I'm monitoring a process temperature and when
the temperature exceeds a maximum value for more than one minute, then
an alarm is sounded (i.e., lights and sirens).

I simply note the system time when the temperature first exceeds the
max and then pass this value to the next loop with a shift register

The vi checks during each loop to see if the temperature is still high
and if the elapsed time is more than 60 seconds (my loop is on a two
second delay to reduce the number of data points).
When the elpased time (current time minus first alarm state) exceeds
the allowable time limit, the alarm is triggered.

MEANWHILE, the vi continues to loop, monitor, and update the other 95
temperature and gas sensor displays every two seconds.

Works pretty well - the timing is accurate enough and all of the
temperature and gas displays continue to update "live".

(This works equally well for maximum and minimum time and temperature
limits.)

Sun, 19 Dec 2004 04:58:39 GMT

1. Timer Control and Alarm - Warning extreme Newbie

2. Wait ms Timer Multiple returning inaccurate timer value

3. Using timer 2 instead of timer 1

4. How to sound alarm after interval of time?

5. Any Software for Security (Alarm) companies (UK) available

6. I am having touble logging alarm status in labview

7. ?? CHR(7) = Alarm

8. best way to display alarm histories in Labview6?

9. modem and alarm

10. Fire The Boss And Break the Alarm Clock!

11. Alarm delay problem

12. connect a alarm event to a analog output