can't select items from cluster of clusters
Author Message
 can't select items from cluster of clusters

Sorry, can't duplicate this one. Try deleting all instances of the
outer-most typedef from the VI in question. Save the modified VI and
close it.

Now just to be safe, restart labview...

Reopen the modified subvi and reinstall the strict typedef in it and
see if the unbundle by name works.

Sometimes, changes to complex typedefs don't always propegate as they
should. See if this relinks things correctly.

Mike...

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:04:03 GMT
 can't select items from cluster of clusters
I'd like to thank Mike & Wha for their responses.
Mike, I tried removing, closing , and reinstalling the typedef, but
no-go.
Wha, your diagram did help. I had been hoping to unbundle directly,
but using the inserted unbundle(no names) works well enough for now...
it's still puzzling why some elements will show and others won"t...
Thanks again,
Paul

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 00:59:23 GMT
 can't select items from cluster of clusters
Jean-Pierre,
It was interesting that your example had the abreviated labels as if
the cluster had been accessed directly. When I popped up the unbundle
tool and navigated down through the expanded menus, I could not access
directly. Using yor idea of starting with an entry close to the
desired cluster and expanding, the names were always complete for me,
ie they included all the levels of clusters seperated by dots. How did
you get the abreviated names only? I know this can be done by using
the unbundle (no names) first, but I can't get it to happen directly.
I'm using 6.0.2, would behaviour be different in 6.1?
Thanks for trying,
Paul

Sun, 07 Nov 2004 21:51:29 GMT
 can't select items from cluster of clusters
Right click on the Unbundle node and select "Hide Full Names" to hide
the names of the parent clusters.

Sun, 07 Nov 2004 22:07:12 GMT

1. Help filling in a cluster of clusters - Bug?

2. Order of items in cluster

3. Setting names of cluster items?

4. How to reset all items in a cluster

5. Selecting only one boolean inside cluster at a time

6. Nicolas Waquier's Data Structures Cluster

7. Cluster elements' properties

8. How to make cluster control's border transparent

9. passage d'un tableau de cluster a une DLL

10. File's Starting Cluster, FAT32

11. Tkinter Context Menus select their first item even if you don't want them to