Slow termination of application created by VB after calling LabVIEW vi on DLL
Author Message
 Slow termination of application created by VB after calling LabVIEW vi on DLL

Hi,
  I created the vi in labview that communicates all messages between
my computer and scope.  After that I compiled it to DLL.  This is my
declaration in VB.

Public Declare Sub sendCmd Lib "lc_sendcmd" Alias "Lc_sendcmd" (ByVal
Command As String, ByVal OutPutStr As String, OutputLen As Long)

The problem is that my application can't terminate as fast as it would
be.  After I debugged, I found that each time I called the function,
termination time is longer (eg. I call this function 10 times, I have
to wait for 10s., if I call it 100 times, I have to wait for 100s.).
What is the root cause of this problem?
* VB is VB6 and LabVIEW is 6.1
Champ

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:48:29 GMT
 Slow termination of application created by VB after calling LabVIEW vi on DLL
Just an idea ...

it looks like a memory leak to me. Check any reference you use, VISA,
etc. May be helpful to  post your VI and your VB code. Sometimes it's
a tiny hidden detail causing a big problem.

p.s.: you can e-mail me the code at labviewerATyahoo.com

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 23:39:20 GMT
 Slow termination of application created by VB after calling LabVIEW vi on DLL
I agree with Lab Viewer.  It sounds like you are opening resources and
not properly closing them.  Thus when you exit the LabVIEW dll, the
code must close all the unclosed references at the end which can take
lots of time.

Jeremy Braden
National Insturments

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 03:17:24 GMT

1. Calling a LAbVIEW dll from VB

2. labview 6.0 building application does not work and looking for Compile DLL stub.vi

3. Call DLL created using Fortran from VB

4. Problem creating a DLL and calling it in VB

5. LabVIEW 6.0.2 crashes when buildin vi that calls DLLs

6. call vb dll (will pop up vb form) form python

7. Creating and Calling LabVIEW DLLs with Various Data Types from Visual C++

8. Calling a dll created by Labview on Macintosh

9. Help on Net Express COBOL dll and calling the DLL from VB program

10. convert's labview 6.1 vi's to labview 5.1 vi's

11. Using VB-Created DLLs

12. Labview dlls in vb