Need example or info for using file mapping in LabView
Author Message
 Need example or info for using file mapping in LabView

Need example or info for using file mapping in labview.  I have a C++
executable that uses file mapping for its data output and that data
output is to be the input into my LabView VI.  I semi-understand file
mapping from the C++ side, but no clues from the LabView side.  Any
help would be appreciated.

Mon, 13 Dec 2004 05:07:54 GMT
 Need example or info for using file mapping in LabView
KH,

What kind of file mapping are you talking about? Are you using "my.exe

Quote:
>> output.txt"? or something different?

Randy Hoskin
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 03:39:20 GMT
 Need example or info for using file mapping in LabView
What I have is a C++ executable (I didn't write) that continuously
updates data via windows file mapping to virtual memory and I need to
get access (retrieve) that data via LabView 6 to be used in a VI.  The
file mapping is that of low-level threads using variables like
m_hFileMapping and m_hMutex and functions like MapViewOfFile() and
CreateMutex().  I have printouts of the executable and thus the
variables values (static and non-static).

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 03:59:26 GMT
 Need example or info for using file mapping in LabView
You could use Win 32 API calls using the Call Library Function Node in
the Advanced palette. That may be the best way to access functions
like these.

Randy Hoskin
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 05:06:43 GMT
 Need example or info for using file mapping in LabView
File mapping in LV is easiest using Code Interface Nodes and using the
Win32 API's in a *.c file.  The trick is to create a *.mak file with
the following information:
   name=CIN_NAME
   type=CIN
   cinlibraries=Kernel32.lib
   CINTOOLSDIR=ADDRESS_TO_CINTOOLS_FOLDER
   !include<$(CINTOOLSDIR)\ntlvsb.mak>
especialy that cinlibraries link and opening Microsoft C++ with the
*.mak as its base and let Microsoft C++ set up the workspace for you.
Be aware that the ADDRESS_TO_CINTOOLS_FOLDER needs to be in the DOS 8
character name format.

Also its good to add to the *.c file:
   #include <WINDOWS.h>

Wed, 02 Feb 2005 04:46:36 GMT

1. Need Labview equivelent of V+'s File Mapped Ports

2. Need working example to move files using Winsock

3. Outputting info from awk and using the info to name the awk output file

4. BIOS Code space, memory map, fs info, and exec format info

5. Labview example for data capture using 5102 scope card

6. need example basic file to topspeed file cw2

7. can you send me info using labview for a face recognition system

8. Q: simple example of read file->convert char(s)->write file needed

9. Examples needed for labview

10. Need an java script example on communicating with Labview

11. How do you map a file using HLA ??

12. gatewaying between comp.lang.labview and Info-LabVIEW