DLLs copied into build dirs
Author Message
 DLLs copied into build dirs

This is a curious problem (feature?) that I can't quite figure out.

I'm using 6.0.2 and building an app that has a lot of DLL calls.
When I build, LV will take one of these DLLs and copy it into a "data"
sub dir of the target build directory. I can't figure out why! There's
nothing special about this particular DLL (at least that's apparent to
me): the original sits in a dir pointed to by the PATH env var, just
like every other DLL I'm using. If I create a BLD file from scratch,
same diff.

Why, why, why????

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:52:52 GMT
 DLLs copied into build dirs
Erase it from this sub if you don't want it there.
Executable must work without it.

I think that labview copy it to "data" sub, because if you want to
copy it to another machine you have all files that executable need in
this sub.

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:38:33 GMT
 DLLs copied into build dirs
Nope, that ain't it.
If it were, then I'd expect every one of the dozen or so DLLs that I'm
using
would be copied into the 'data' sub dir.

Still can't find anything in the docs or online to describe why LV is
doing this. A minor annoyance to be sure, but I won't be able to sleep
peacefully
until I know!

Quote:

> I think that LabVIEW copy it to "data" sub, because if you want to
> copy it to another machine you have all files that executable need in
> this sub.

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:25:41 GMT
 DLLs copied into build dirs
Scott,

Usually, the "data" sub dir of the target directory is folder where
the support files are added with the"Add Support Files" button to
specify any external code (e.g., DLLs or help files) that your
application uses.
The path to this directory is given in the Target Tab, support file
directory.
You probably added that dll as a support file(actually you must add
all of them if you want to export your app to another machine)and a
way to check this is to go to the Source file tab and see if that dll
is listed.

Regards,

Cyril Bouton
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 07:02:03 GMT

1. dll′s to dirs

2. Intel complier for calling DLL and build Dll

3. Built in file copy utility

4. Please send me a copy of CW2RUN16.DLL

5. Copy files with LSRXutil.dll

6. Problems Using(building) DLLs

7. Building 32 bit DLL from 32 bit EXE

8. Building DLLs with ISE Eiffel for Windows

9. Another custom built DLL works partially with LabVIEW 5.1 on windows 2000

10. A custom built DLL crashes labview 5.1 in windows 2000 but worked fine in windows 98

11. Building DLL with LV6

12. LV 6.0.2: an App-built dll gives a runtime error when called by C