Converting a Hexadecimal String to a Binary String
Author Message
 Converting a Hexadecimal String to a Binary String

Hello NG,

I would like to convert an 8 Bit Hexadecimal String (example C0034000)
to its equivalent in binary (in this case---> 1100 0000 0000 0011...
and so on), I didnt find any possible way to do this. Iam not
talking about the simple representation on the front pannel. Some
Postings say that this ist possible with the "Format Value" Function
adding an "%b" to the entring, but in my case it does not function.
Could someone help me, thanks in advance!

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:56:58 GMT
 Converting a Hexadecimal String to a Binary String

Quote:
> I would like to convert an 8 Bit Hexadecimal String (example C0034000)
> to its equivalent in binary (in this case---> 1100 0000 0000 0011...
> and so on), I didnt find any possible way to do this. Iam not
> talking about the simple representation on the front pannel. Some
> Postings say that this ist possible with the "Format Value" Function
> adding an "%b" to the entring, but in my case it does not function.

The task here is to convert a string to a different string.  The easiest
way to do this is to convert the string to a numer, then format the
number as a binary string.

On the string palette the Scan from String using %x can be used to
change a hex string into a numeric integer.  The Format to String with
%b and other nodes can take a numeric integer and return a string of
binary characters.  These two nodes wired together with the correct
constants should do what you want.

Greg McKaskle

Wed, 28 Sep 2005 22:11:55 GMT
 Converting a Hexadecimal String to a Binary String
Yes it works fine!!
Thanks!

Fri, 30 Sep 2005 01:09:26 GMT
 Converting a Hexadecimal String to a Binary String
Yes it works fine!!
Thanks!

Fri, 30 Sep 2005 01:09:31 GMT

1. converting hexadecimal string to 64 bit hexadecimal number

2. How to convert binary string to char string ?

3. convert binary number to binary string

4. Converting Binary To String (with out binary representation)

5. how convert string to hexadecimal with 5.1

6. String length of a binary string?

7. CIN: Converting a C String to a LabVIEW String

8. Using scan from string to convert a string into a number

9. how convert decimal string to hexa string

10. Converting a binary string to a number...

11. String#split converts string args to regexes -- ?

12. Convert ASCII string to binary?