Will hardware drivers work with the run-time engine or only a full version of Labview?
Author Message
 Will hardware drivers work with the run-time engine or only a full version of Labview?

Hello.

I'm trying to get a quatech I/O card to work.  The instructions with
the drivers we were given state "you must have labview installed
before installing these drivers".

A program I wrote on my machine works fine with those drivers and does
toggle outputs on the card, but when I build it into an executable on
our test unit (doesn't have a full version of Labview, just the
Run-Time engine) the card doesn't work.

We installed the run-time engine on the unit, then the drivers.

I guess my question is:  Do most drivers work with both the full
version of Labview and the run-time engine?  Or do I need to somehow
'convert' these drivers to work with the run-time engine?

Thanks for your help!

Dave Neumann

Sun, 07 Nov 2004 00:06:24 GMT
 Will hardware drivers work with the run-time engine or only a full version of Labview?
Tom,

Thanks for your reply.  One of the problems I'm having is figuring out
which .dll I would need to include (I'm not a software guy).

Would the .dll your speaking of be different than the one which is
installed with the drivers?  I'm looking at a .dll that is installed
when you install the labview drivers for this card, but the run-time
engine still doesn't want to get the card to work. (The file installed
when I install the drivers is called 'daqlv32.dll' and I don't know
how to find any other .dll's I might need)

Actually, it appears the card 'is' being seen by the run-time engine,
but I'm getting impulses rather than distinct changes of state.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Dave Neumann

Sun, 07 Nov 2004 22:14:53 GMT

1. Print Panel.vi works with the full LabView version but not with Run Time Engine

2. Full version visual works on windows

3. Smalltalk-80 Full Time Work

4. Can't Uninstall Labview Run-Time engine 6.0

5. LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 6.0 Error 1606

6. Run-Time Engine Installation ?

7. Systematic errors for Labview Run-time Engine (lvrt.dll)

8. Run-time engine and Windows NT

9. uninstalling LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 6.1

10. Is it possible to choose the serial port if only the run time engine is installed

11. I need to install LabVIEW Run-Time Engine

12. LabVIEW Run-Time Engine