Horizontal Fill Slide question (two data points)
Author Message
 Horizontal Fill Slide question (two data points)

I am trying to do something very simple.  On a "Horizontal Fill Slide"
I need to use one data point that indicates the maximum range (which
will change while program is running).  The second data point the user
will define and I need to read.  All this while keeping the "Data
Range" from 0 - 10.  On a side question where can I read up on how to
use the attribute nodes?

Thank-you for your help

Tue, 17 Aug 2004 05:52:58 GMT
 Horizontal Fill Slide question (two data points)
I am using labview 5.0 on a Windows NT machine.

Tue, 17 Aug 2004 06:08:02 GMT
 Horizontal Fill Slide question (two data points)

Quote:
> I am trying to do something very simple.  On a "Horizontal Fill Slide"
> I need to use one data point that indicates the maximum range (which
> will change while program is running).  The second data point the user
> will define and I need to read.  All this while keeping the "Data
> Range" from 0 - 10.  On a side question where can I read up on how to
> use the attribute nodes?

> Thank-you for your help

Hi David,

I'm already using this way to update the sliders inside my program. In that
case you have to set two properties of the corresponding control. The first
one is 'Data range -> Maximum' - it's used to set the biggest number the
user can type in. You also have to define the same for the axis - located
under 'Axis->Data range->Maximum' - cause if you don't set this entry, the
slider shows the wrong scale.
I hope this is working, cause i use 6i and never testet it under 5.0.
For informations about using property nodes you have to take a look into the
books shipped with LabVIEW. Otherwise you can download them from NI website.

good luck
Henrik

Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:59:15 GMT
 Horizontal Fill Slide question (two data points)
Hi,
you have to perform the next steps:
1. Create the "Horizontal Fill Slide" with two sliders. To do it you
need to right click on the control and select "Add Slider". So you
will use the first slider to represent the minimum value of your range
and the second one the maximum value.
2. You say that the minimum value will be defined by user and the
maximum will be defined by program. So you have to READ data from this
control in the case of minimum value and to WRITE data in the case of
maximum value. Yuo can read and write data to controls using LOCAL
VARIABLES. To create local variable of the control you have to right
click on the node of this control on the diagram and select "Create
local variable". Then you can change the local variable to write/read
mode by right clicking on the variable.
3. When you add the slider to the control it will be represented by
the cluster. So to read or write the positions of the sliders on the
control you have to use cluster bundle/unbundle functions. The cluster
includes two numeric items correspondin to positions of the sliders.

Good luck.

Oleg Chutko.

Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:37:02 GMT
 Horizontal Fill Slide question (two data points)

Quote:
> Read/Write behavior is not possible with Labview, I am using CWSlide control
> from Component Works - MesStudio 6.0 for this purposes, another way is to
> place two different controls - one for read and other for write - use
> customize control to hide  unused parts.

You might want to look at local variables, popup on the LV control and
Create Local.  These have been available since LV3 and allow for reading
and writing to the same control in multiple locations in the diagram.

Greg McKaskle

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 23:55:53 GMT

1. Two simple questions about -fill option to pack

2. Newbie Import two coloums of floating point data into python HOWTO

3. Can a fill slide be colored like a meter

4. read two sets of data from two spread sheet files to two arrays problem

5. Ms SQL fileerror 22001=String data, right truncation when I fill data into file

6. fill in two fields on a lookup

7. Relational Trees - Scrolling data Horizontal

8. BLT: How to fill under a line or between two lines

9. Q: Acquiring data using two E series devices connected by RTSI and streaming data to disk

10. Can I fill Browse box with queue data ?

11. Imaging - scanning images and auto-filling data

12. Filling listbox with data from Text or Excel file