labview NI DAQ application with no daq hardware
Author Message
 labview NI DAQ application with no daq hardware

1)LabVIEW 6i & NI DAQ with PCI 6023 E card:Support required for
Application installation with no hardware and NI DAQ software drivers
on target system.

  Hello
  I have prepared an installation application with
  labview 6i and NI DAQ  built-in functions with PCI
  6023 E card.
  I install this application on a system, which does
  not have NI-DAQ  driver software and  PCI 6023 E
  card hardware,and then I try to excute Application,
  it starts up, but with the Error Messages stating
  that it requires/ does not find  DAQ functional vis
  and drivers.

  I wish to install my application and excute it
  without getting the Error messages and must be able
  to do the other tasks with the application created
  for. And I dont want to install NI-DAQ software and
  Hardware.

   Guide me on this, with any possible ways.
   Thanking in advance.
   SN.

Fri, 09 Jul 2004 22:42:08 GMT
 labview NI DAQ application with no daq hardware
I think this is possible with the LabVIEW Student Edition. It is not
possible with the current LabVIEW Base, Full or Prof. edition
though...

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 00:23:08 GMT
 labview NI DAQ application with no daq hardware
You're going to have to redesign your application so that the DAQ VI's
are called dynamically and are not embedded in it. You can look at the
Plug-In Architecture example under Examples>Advanced>Execution
Control>Dynamic Loading of VIs as one way to do this.

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 01:15:24 GMT
 labview NI DAQ application with no daq hardware

Quote:

> 1)LabVIEW 6i & NI DAQ with PCI 6023 E card:Support required for
> Application installation with no hardware and NI DAQ software drivers
> on target system.

>   Hello
>   I have prepared an installation application with
>   LabVIEW 6i and NI DAQ  built-in functions with PCI
>   6023 E card.
>   I install this application on a system, which does
>   not have NI-DAQ  driver software and  PCI 6023 E
>   card hardware,and then I try to excute Application,
>   it starts up, but with the Error Messages stating
>   that it requires/ does not find  DAQ functional vis
>   and drivers.

>   I wish to install my application and excute it
>   without getting the Error messages and must be able
>   to do the other tasks with the application created
>   for. And I dont want to install NI-DAQ software and
>   Hardware.

Here is one approach: save a copy of each VI that calls a DAQ function.
Save the copy with the same name in a different folder called Dummy.
ENSURE you check the box "save without updating callers".

In that Dummy folder, edit the VIs to remove DAQ calls & return fake
values: zero, 5 VM, random values, whatever is appropriate.

Now preload all the dummy VIs, load up your main applicaiton, and you
will have an application that runs without DAQ.
Make an executable & install it.

This is a useful trick that predates dynamic loading, & you need not
rewrite your VIs to use dynamic loading.
You'll get up & running quicker.

(In the long run, you would need to write these dummy VIs anyway for
dynamic loading.)

Mark

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 02:55:47 GMT

1. Reading Virtual Channel Names from NI DAQ configuration file (*.daq)

2. What is the newest version of NI DAQ i can use with LABVIEW 5.0

3. Runtime Error of Labview and NI-DAQ utility in Win98

4. NI-DAQ and LabVIEW

5. Problems running an application with non NI DAQ cards

6. Problems running an application with non NI DAQ cards

7. Help: LabVIEW Application Builder Chumps it on Daq.dll

8. Two edge separation measurement with DAQ STC (DAQ 6713)

9. NI-DAQ memory problem

10. NI-DAQ

11. Macintosh USB Support in LV/NI-DAQ

12. ErrorsI after NI-DAQ 6.9.1 Upgrade