Can I open a VI using another VI
Author Message
 Can I open a VI using another VI

I'm trying to integrate multiple VI's into one VI. Is it possible to
open a VI (open as in the VI pops open on the screen).
  I'm very new to labview and would really appreciate an elaborated
explaination.
  Thanks,
  Kunal.

Mon, 12 Jan 2004 05:24:33 GMT
 Can I open a VI using another VI
There are 2 ways to do this.

1) When creating the VI that will be the sub-VI, from the menu bar,
choose FILE, VI Properties. Then use the drop down menu to choose
Window Appearance, and press Customize. Now click on Show Front Panel
When Called and Close Afterward if Originally Closed. Now this VI will
"Open" every time that it is called.

2) Place the sub VI icon on your diagram and right click on it. Now
choose Sub VI Node Setup. Click on Show Front Panel When Called and
Close Afterward if Originally Closed. This works for THIS instance of
the sub-VI.

Hope this helps.

     Rob

Mon, 12 Jan 2004 06:48:48 GMT

1. Cannot open a VI: it keeps prompting me to find the VI

2. Using control reference with a Sub-vi over a TCP VI Server connection

3. Using control reference with a Sub-vi over a TCP VI Server connection

4. Using VI Server to pass data between a Labview Executable and a VI

5. How to replace or create a file using the open/create/replace.vi

6. When I try to open vi, I get a message that 'Statistics.vi is not a VI".

7. Vi Name string for NI print panel vi - how to get dynamically for vi the print panel vi is in.

8. Unlock VI, File>>VI Properties dosn't work

9. Create an Exe of a VI that controls another VI

10. How to stick the called vi on the same place of front panel of main VI

11. How to pause a VI with an other VI

12. Run independently a vi from another vi ????